Ford Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So new around here also just got handed down a 1989 F150 xlt larait with 90k miles on it... I know basics to machanics but definitely fell in love with my new truck.. I'm not rich by any means either but would like to kinda know where to go from here on out to keep this baby in beat shape that I could :/

·
Super Moderator
20,061 Posts
If you dont know the service history , you could work your way through the easy routine items at your own pace . Change engine oil and filter , check / change trans and rear axle oil levels , air and fuel filters , coolant and brake fluid levels . Later could check out brakes , suspension and steering for any wear , check tires and possibly replace plugs . Just take your time and enjoy the work .

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well done oil change, did valve cover gasket just one need to do other side when I get some time. Ummm my tires well going bald lol.... In front I think previous owner inflated too much cuz they went bald from the center out.. for service record well I'm third owner and I got all the paper work from the day it came out the factory well as far as I can tell. Even got the old vin card they gave you.

I know it's got new exhaust on it not sure what type or kind... I also know I got ... Idk haven't pin pointed what's wrong but I know theirs something the temp gauge goes up a little higher than normal and seems as it's running rough. Deff got check engine light going on and either trying to get a code reader or gonna have to do it the other way which not too sure yet on how to do lol

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well done oil change, did valve cover gasket just one need to do other side when I get some time. Ummm my tires well going bald lol.... In front I think previous owner inflated too much cuz they went bald from the center out.. for service record well I'm third owner and I got all the paper work from the day it came out the factory well as far as I can tell. Even got the old vin card they gave you.

I know it's got new exhaust on it not sure what type or kind... I also know I got ... Idk haven't pin pointed what's wrong but I know theirs something the temp gauge goes up a little higher than normal and seems as it's running rough. Deff got check engine light going on and either trying to get a code reader or gonna have to do it the other way which not too sure yet on how to do lol

I just got an'02 lariat supercrew at auction, and now that the non functional transmission has been replaced, I love it.Mine needs front airbags and seatbelts,which I find out , are all interrelated, complicated and expensive. I got the airbags and contrtol module from a recycler and am watching videos to see if I can do it myself.I just ordered some generic 3 point seatbelts, which will go in without the sensors. I hope it all works. I'll keep an eye out for you on this forum and wish you well on your F150 journey.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts