Ford Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wanted to say i ,ve bought my first falcon XR8 ELII and i,m thinkin of givin the missus the flick LOL...

P.S. only had 60500 klicks and paid 18K :)

·
Copyright �2003
1,517 Posts
Welcome to a wonderful world. Where Holdens are just something to blow away in looks, handling and , dare I say it, performance.

(ok we know they do ok in a straight line, but given a track, pft! they are nothing but backmarkers)

=)

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
Fark $18 for an EL2 with low kms aint bad...

·
I want a turtle!
2,635 Posts
Hi,

Wow - you got a bargain there.. My ex bought his EF Fairmont V8 wagon only 7 months ago.. had 75000k's and he paid $20k.

And thats only a 165kw motor...

:)
Kelli S

·
Registered
105 Posts
I know it not quite comparable with xr 6 and 8's but I only paid $19k, for my manual futura last September and that had less than 20,000km on the clock.

Craig

·
Registered
62 Posts
I know its a lot older but my mate just picked up an ED XR8 SPRINT, mickey mouse condition, 2 owner, full books, tighest engine/gearbox/drivetrain I've ever driven, no rattles or shakes - MANUAL, leather trim, kenwood cd, extractors/cats/3-inch mandrel system & EB GT rims/new tyres +++ & only paid $15,000.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well sh!te that was a bargain! I love Sprints. Is he going to come out on club runs, Hmmm...? I'm sure he and Kon would get along just fine *hehe*

·
Registered
62 Posts
Yes it was a bargain, I should of bought it, all it needed was a good clean & service. We are planning on coming up to Sydney for the All Ford's Day but he can't decide if he'll take his XYGT (see photos in gallery) or the sprint but I think the sprint may get the nod, new toy & all. If the club can organise a day out at Wakefield, you'll hear us coming.

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
RAT, was that XR8 Sprint Red?

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
That for sale at a consignment dealer in Queanbeyan wasnt it?

It looked good, apart form the scratched rims :-( It origially had $23k on it, then $19,990 a couple of weeks later...

·
Registered
62 Posts
Thats the one. We new the consignment centre had at least $2000/2500 in the deal so he made an offer of 15 directly to the owner (but was prepared to go 16500 if he had to), the owner came back at 16, my mate held out for a couple days & the owner rang him asking when he could settle, he said straight away & there you have it, deal of the year - just add rego. I guess its a buyers market & if you don't ask you won't know.

·
BSR
2,279 Posts
Those cars at that centre are so over priced!! Have had a look at a few XR's in there.....Good to hear someone got a bargin

1 - 15 of 15 Posts