Ford Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking about buying the Ford Hi-Guard Alarm kit to fit my NC II. Does anyone know it integrate with the existing Smartlock immobilser system? Is it armed disarmed with the existing remotes? Is the system any good? Has anyone got one fitted?

·
Super Moderator
3,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hmm the 12 volt forum suggest at http://www.the12volt.com/carsecurity/page1.asp I could easily add any alarm thus:

First locate the motor leg wire of the driver's door lock actuator that shows (+) 12 VDC while unlocking. Connect this lead to the"disarm #1" lead of the alarm.
Next locate the motor leg wire of any other door lock actuator that shows (+) 12 VDC while unlocking during the second press of the button. Connect this lead to the "disarm #2" lead of the alarm.
Now locate any motor leg wire that shows (+) 12 VDC when the doors are locking. Conect this to the "arm" lead of the alarm.
If you intend to inhibit the trunk/hatch release during remote opening, locate the lead that shows (+) 12 VDC while opening. Connect this to the (+) positive inhibit lead of the alarm.

Will it work?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.