Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Australian Fairmont Member
Joined
·
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there.
Been lurking for a while, finally decided to register.

For those of you who visit LS1.com, I am ThunderDownUnder (name doesn't fit on your forum).

I had a C/dore s/wagon which was stolen last week and found today stripped of all the good bits - basically nothing left!!!

I also have an EF Fairmont sedan 4.0 auto, and a 1953 Vanguard Ute.
 

·
100% Speeding (when safe)
Joined
·
471 Posts
Hello, aren't vanguards somthing to do with Triumphs, or leyland?
I have an ED, a TR7 for rallying and an escort 2.0 for rallying
 

·
Australian Torana Member
Joined
·
46 Posts
G'day all. Like Thunder I've just come across from LS1.com. Been reading the forum for a while and thought I might need to defend the General's honour from time to time and keep an eye on the happenings at Ford. I come in peace!
Oh and another thing, I'm mates with DK (he's in my dorm at uni), so don't pick on me!

Cheers, LC
 

·
Australian Fairmont Member
Joined
·
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Vanguards were made by the Standard Motor Co of England. Standard bought Triumph and built the early sports cars. The same motor also went into the early Ferguson Tractors. Standard was later bought by Leyland who closed down both marques.

You are pretty close to the money for a youngster. I had never heard of a Vanguard until I bought this one a couple of years ago.
 
T

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
welcome guy's
gentle bantering allowed, as you may have guessed. If you have an attitude, and a bad one at that, leave it at ls.1
we run a free ship, lets keep it that way.
 

·
CEO - The BSR Group
Joined
·
4,400 Posts
Yeah welcome from here too! Always enjoy some intelligent banter with "The Dark Side"

 

·
RACE
Joined
·
2,950 Posts
THE DOCTOR said:
welcome guy's
gentle bantering allowed, as you may have guessed. If you have an attitude, and a bad one at that, leave it at ls.1
we run a free ship, lets keep it that way.
We're all motoring enthusiasts here and as DK says, lets keep the attitudes outta here.

See the War thread for details of the low lifes that frequent these boards.

Anyway, welcome aboard and happy posting. :)
 

·
The SparkleHunter™
Joined
·
10,144 Posts
LC GTR said:
Oh and another thing, I'm mates with DK (he's in my dorm at uni), so don't pick on me!
You do realise you've just opened yourself up to complete ridicule.. ;) How's things Broadley ;) :D
Welcome boys.. enjoy your stay on the good side of the force.. :D
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
5,809 Posts
LC GTR said:
.... I come in peace!
Oh and another thing, I'm mates with DK (he's in my dorm at uni), so don't pick on me!

....
You had better come in peace ;) :D

And you really think saying that your mates with me is going to give you any protection in here? Just keep a good attitude in here and I won't have to release the hounds ;) :D :p
 

·
gone
Joined
·
10,402 Posts
Thunder said:
Hi there.
Been lurking for a while, finally decided to register.

For those of you who visit LS1.com, I am ThunderDownUnder (name doesn't fit on your forum).

I had a C/dore s/wagon which was stolen last week and found today stripped of all the good bits - basically nothing left!!!

I also have an EF Fairmont sedan 4.0 auto, and a 1953 Vanguard Ute.
That sucks mate, sorry to hear the news and welcome!!
 

·
Australian EB Fairmont Ghia Member
Joined
·
1,151 Posts
I had a C/dore s/wagon which was stolen last week and found today stripped of all the good bits - basically nothing left!!!

this is a huge problem within our community... thieves with no sense of taste or style. :D
i think its about time we did something about the problem... maybe open a community centre where we can teach young thieves about style and automotive selection. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,750 Posts
Thunder said:
Hi there.

I had a C/dore s/wagon which was stolen last week and found today stripped of all the good bits - basically nothing left!!!

I also have an EF Fairmont sedan 4.0 auto, and a 1953 Vanguard Ute.
Hello.

Mate that is no good at all. Sorry to hear.

What do you plan on doing? Replace, rebuild, new t series?

I had to try;)

Welcome
 

·
Australian Torana Member
Joined
·
46 Posts
Ford Man said:

You do realise you've just opened yourself up to complete ridicule.. ;) How's things Broadley ;) :D
Welcome boys.. enjoy your stay on the good side of the force.. :D
Yeah I was kinda hoping you'd all interpret that as a joke! ;) Things are good mate, yourself? Haven't seen you on icq lately, what's the go? All argued out eh? ;) :D But seriously thanks 4 the welcome everyone. I promise not to stir to much sh*t :D
 

Attachments

·
Australian Torana Member
Joined
·
46 Posts
DONUT KING said:


You had better come in peace ;) :D

And you really think saying that your mates with me is going to give you any protection in here? Just keep a good attitude in here and I won't have to release the hounds ;) :D :p
Common steve you know me better than that ;) . Besides, you know where I live, and knowing the excuse for a dorm that we call our home your key probably unlocks my door! :D
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
5,809 Posts
LC GTR said:


Common steve you know me better than that ;) . Besides, you know where I live, and knowing the excuse for a dorm that we call our home your key probably unlocks my door! :D
Nah you tried that already last night remember ;)
A scwift kickbox to the door lock should open it plenty easy but ;) :D Then again that'd cost me $140 to fix when I broke it :eek:
 

·
Australian Torana Member
Joined
·
46 Posts
DONUT KING said:
Nah you tried that already last night remember ;)
A scwift kickbox to the door lock should open it plenty easy but ;) :D Then again that'd cost me $140 to fix when I broke it :eek:
M-m-mate you are to schkimpy to kickbox the door open mate! ;)
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
5,087 Posts
Thunder said:
Hi there.
Been lurking for a while, finally decided to register.

For those of you who visit LS1.com, I am ThunderDownUnder (name doesn't fit on your forum).

I had a C/dore s/wagon which was stolen last week and found today stripped of all the good bits - basically nothing left!!!

I also have an EF Fairmont sedan 4.0 auto, and a 1953 Vanguard Ute.
Hi Thunder .Welcome to the Forum.What a bugger losing your wheels.Thieving scum.53 Vangaurd hell there can't be many of those around.
 
1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Top