Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Interesting snippet from V8x...

In addition to the 'usual' two 100km races at most rounds, which include compulsory pit stops for tyre changes, series organisers AVESCO have added an additional 20-minute 'sprint' race to the schedule for this weekend. The sprint race will take place on Saturday afternoon following the conclusion to qualifying, with the two 100km races set down for Sunday.

HIDDEN VALLEY STATS
Track length: 2.9km
Lap record: Jason Bright 1m09.0419s (1999)
Qualifying record: Craig Lowndes 1m08.6062s (2000)
Duration: One 20-minute sprint race (Saturday), Two x 100km races (Sunday).
Both 100km races require compulsory pit stops for mandatory tyre change.

Could be an interesting weekend.. :D :thumbup:

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just checked the TV guide and there's no coverage of saturdays race!!.. Geez.. :evil2:

·
Bring Back the 24hr!!!
5,809 Posts
:fmad: :fmad: :fmad: :fmad: :fmad: :fmad: :fmad: :fmad:
who is our picks for the weekend guys?

<ol>
<li> Lowndes </li>
<li> Bright </li>
<li> Skaife </li>
<li> Ambrose </li>
<li> Johnson </li>
</ol>

Hope to see some good hard racing with no interferrence by the officials, like thats going to happen :rolleyes:

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
1. Ambrose
2. Lowndes
3. Bright
4. Skaife
5. Seto

Hope no.s 3 & 4 have some "technical" trouble on the weekend but.. :rolleyes:

·
Bring Back the 24hr!!!
5,809 Posts
heh I remember when they were up there and the HRT engines both refused to start for the second sprint race off the day pissed myself laughing at that one :D

·
Mr. Embargo
3,745 Posts
I've given up picking for this season. All I can say is I hope that Seton can grab some points this weekend and that Bowe can continue running up the front. Oh yeah, Go Lowndes, Ambrose, Besnard, Ellery, Radisich, Richards, Johnson, Larkham, McLean, Weel, Jones, Tratt, Canto, Halliday & Forbes - do I have to?

·
Bring Back the 24hr!!!
5,809 Posts
I know how you feel, I almost won the Conrod comp last year, this year I'm in 200th :eek:
Nah supporting Mr Spin (Forbes) is optional, even for Ford fans :wink2:

Take a look at the start page on his freaking website..
http://www.rfr.com.au :eek:

·
Shhh, we're hunting Lions
1,610 Posts
With the crap that happened at Eastern Creek who knows what the results will be. I will be totally pissed off if Ford Doesn't win this weekend after dominating last round and not getting the deserved results.:gok:

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Bit of a quote from Skaife...

"The big question this weekend will be the extended racing and the affect that will have on the tyres.

"Last year we had 8 tyres to cover three, 20-minute races; this year we have a 20-minute race Saturday and two, 45-minute races on Sunday and ten tyres to do it all with. That's a total of 110 minutes of racing - an 80% increase over last year - but only a 25% increase in the amount of tyres we have available.

"I'm tipping Sunday's second race might require a bit of resource management" Skaife said.

Last race on Sunday could see some action... Lets hope so anyway... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Best of luck to all the teams. I think you will see the usually teams up the front. I think both the DJR and SBR cars might have a horse power advantage with the HRT cars once again the top contenders

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Saw an article in the telegraph today about shunters being punished severley. Lets just hope that applies to all teams, not just the ones sporting the blue oval on the bonnet... :mad:

·
Bring Back the 24hr!!!
5,809 Posts
I just realised that unless they are showing the races on TV in the pubs throughout Bathurst I'm going to miss the races because Sunday is pub run day :eek: :fmad:

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
DONUT KING said:
..I'm going to miss the races because Sunday is pub run day :eek: :fmad:
What's the point of you doing a pub run?? How hard is it to drink soft drink in 14 different pubs??.. :p :p

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
About this Discussion
52 Replies
13 Participants
FM
Ford Forums
Ford Forum is a community to discuss all things Ford. Check out our discussions on the Ford Escape, Mustang, Edge, F-150, Raptor, Explorer, Focus, Fusion, Fiesta and more!
Full Forum Listing