Ford Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings,

I'm considering putting a class I trailer hitch on my 2004 P74. How will this affect ground clearance in the back? How likely will I drag the hitch backing out of a driveway or coming out of a paking garage?

·
Registered
10,552 Posts
Have you lowered the car any? How steep is your driveway? I had a hitch on my 96 Impala and had no issues with Driveway or Parking garage clearance, except when it was a very steep grade. I did eventually have an issue when i put lowering springs on her. But that is to be expected.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Hiddenhitch Class I trailer hitch and P74

LunaticSVT said:
Have you lowered the car any? How steep is your driveway? I had a hitch on my 96 Impala and had no issues with Driveway or Parking garage clearance, except when it was a very steep grade. I did eventually have an issue when i put lowering springs on her. But that is to be expected.

This is a stock 2004 CV LX Sport with the Performance/Handling package, 17" wheels and rear air springs.

I didn't mention - there are speed bumps on my street I would rather not snag.

Right now, it clears the ramp on the parking garage just fine, where my 2000 Buick Century would drag. It bounds over the speed bumps with plenty of clearance too.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a stock 1999 Crown Vic LX with a Class 2 trailer hitch. I was scrapping the bottom of the hitch when leaving my driveway with my travel trailer attached. I solved the problem by replacing the standard coils with cargo coils (variable rate coils).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts