Ford Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
"Tickford- Own the road"
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, just wandering which car you liked better, the AU Coupe designed and built by the Hillier boys or the AU Coupe built by Tickford and Millard?

Ive attatched an image of the Hillier coupe so you can look at. If somebody has a image of the Tickford coupe, please attach it for all to compare. But im sure you guys have all seen it.

I truly do believe the Hillier coupe is much nicer. It looks very factory, and much more aerodynamic than the Tickford job.

What do you guys say?

·
Forever Ford Follower
558 Posts
The Millard coupe had nothing to do with Tickford. It was designed by Millard and encorporated with AEC.. but i prefered the look of that rather than the Hillers - the rear eand looks very similar to the toyota soarer or lexus model which is the same... but it would be good to see an AV coupe done by TICKFORD! :cool:

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
I don't think I would buy either, but you change the nose on that orange picture you have there to a series 2 design and I think it would get my vote. Seems to suit the curve design more where the AEC had a mixture of hard edges that didn't work for me.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
how much?

I remember reading it but can't remember what the hilliers charge to change to a coupe, does anyone know? I saw a few AU1's go at auction the other day (just stock forte, white with about 70km) for 11 and 12k, mmmm

·
Rail Rider
1,248 Posts
......Drooolll....

looks like a Porsche with a very big bonet.

Any oe got piccy of the Millard Coupe cause I haven't seen it.

FORD MUST MAKE THESE THINGS!!!

·
Banned
3,514 Posts
Re: how much?

BOF 351 said:
I remember reading it but can't remember what the hilliers charge to change to a coupe, does anyone know? I saw a few AU1's go at auction the other day (just stock forte, white with about 70km) for 11 and 12k, mmmm
You won't get change from 30 grand. Waiting list is long too, apparantly. :D

·
Australian Ford Member
252 Posts
The Millard coupe IS a Hillier coupe, underneath all the extra wings, etc etc. Naturally, the engine is different (the car on which the Millard/Ford/AEC coupe is based was a Forte 4.0 - itself an ex-police GDs car). Yes, the Hillier coupe conversion is around 30K - put it this way, team: for around 60K you can buy an ex-cop XR8 and have it converted in your choice of colour and trim for around the same price as the new Monaro will prob sell for. And be driving something REALLY special.
You should see what the boys are working on NOW....

·
Jaguar X-Type
199 Posts
That orange ford looks great.. the worst part of the current ford is the real end. A nice rear end like the now defunct 300ZX would suit that shape nicely.

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
IIV8II said:
The Millard coupe IS a Hillier coupe, underneath all the extra wings, etc etc.
From an article at Drive.com.au.

Millard Design has re-engineered the steel bonnet and rear quarter panels. A plastic insert covers the numberplate facia on the boot and gives the car a sharper, less droopy edge.

You should see what the boys are working on NOW....
Don't be shy, tell us!!:cool: :cool:

·
Champion Goose
398 Posts
IIV8II is right. The 300+ was a modified Hillier coupe of sorts. Millard etc bought the design (or the rights to it) from them. I'm a fan of the donk in the 300+.............hehehe, and didn't mind it's looks either. But the Hilliers looked really factory, so it gets the nod-just pump out those rear guards a bit guys!

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
Ford Man said:
Hell I just want to see a 300+ Falcon. I couldn't give a rats arse if it's got 2 doors or 4!!
* HINT TO FMC - BUILD THE BLOODY MONSTER!!!:D *

1 - 17 of 17 Posts