Ford Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A follow on from another thread Just a show of hands to see how many people would be interested in hiring the track for a day ... maybe to reduce costs we can invite the cough ....cough .... LS1 boys but I would rather we did it amongst ourselves.
This will only work in we get enough people.

·
BSR Twin System (tm)
4,751 Posts
Sounds good. We should find the details such as cost, timing etc.

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I dont mind setting it all up but so far we have 3 people interested (including me) so I can't see it being cost effective ..

·
Chromed Member
1,810 Posts
make that 4, actually no make that 7 'cos ive got 3 mates that will DEFINATELY go!

I have heard (dont quote me on this) that it costs around $2700 to hire the track for the day. This includes, i think - first aid van, opening of the cafeteria, insurance etc.

The last ford day that i went to (& smciner), the club charged $60 per car to get out on the track, and $5 entrance to spectators through the gate.

this means that $2700 divided by $60 each = approx 45 entrants, but thats not including the gate entry for spectators or any $$ raised through raffles.

Perhaps I could find out of Brad Jones racing when they are hiring the track next for test day and we could all chip in a few $$ for the day!??!?!

:nuts: ;)

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
damn fine idea botch .. doesnt look like we got the numbers to do it on our own .. I will also ask one of the LS1 boys hif he thinks they may be in it too

·
Chromed Member
1,810 Posts
just heard today that the track is open every friday, except when there a big meeting (such as v8's or truck racing).

maybe this would be a cheaper alternative?

DOWNSIDE = FRIDAY:(

·
Chromed Member
1,810 Posts
recently found out that it costs around $50 - $60 to get out on the track friday, but bookings are essential as sometimes they will have a day for bikes, etc, sometimes vintage cars , etc!:eek:o1:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts