Ford Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
work these holden guy's out, no matter how dumb the deal they still want to buy.

"General Motor's see's Daewoo's value falling as labour disputes and supply shortages drag on. Nineteen of Daewoo's suppliers have gone insolvent since the car maker agreed to cover only 40% of the $1.1 billion it owes suppliers, Bloomberg reports. GM remains in negotiations to buy the Korean company, with its annual production capacity of two million vehicles.

·
Bring Back the 24hr!!!
5,809 Posts
You think they'd just forget about it and let someone else pick up the pieces. I doubt they'd need the production capacity of the Daewoo plants or anything and there are some damn heavy debts that they would also incur.
Seems pointless anyone buying up daewoo to me, i mean lets face it they don't have a good image, nor any real share in the markertplace.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the part I laughed at the most was the suppliers drying up. how do you purchase a company, then pay off the suppliers from when daewoo owed them millions, and then renegotiate new deals with the suppliers.
either the suppliers were not getting paid from daewoo because of faulty parts or daewoo did not pay because the supplier could not keep up demand.
I can see this as one deal holden will wish they never went into, (not that I give a rats) perhaps alexander downer can step in and totally screw everything up for them.

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
I honestly think that GM are worried about Ford. The company structure of Ford seems to be more stable, with a greater return on investment. GM have more brands, however Ford has a greater return for each brand they own. There was an article in the last car news about it. GM may be buying Daewoo to keep ahead of Ford in the manufacturing stakes to stay no. 1 globally. Sounds like a rediculous plan to me. Go for it GM!!.. :p

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've always thought that. that's why I asked you the other day who owned who. Ford have got in first and now own some of the best technology around. Holden (buzzards) have to make do with what's left after Ford (hyenas) have stripped the carcus clean. actually you can still hear us laughing.

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
:CraZ: :CraZ: :CraZ: :CraZ: :CraZ: :CraZ: :CraZ: :CraZ: :CraZ: :CraZ: :CraZ: :CraZ: :CraZ: :CraZ: :CraZ: :CraZ:

Better lay off the sugar huh?

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
KINDEGARDEN has an "E" my little ankle biter.

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
Ooooooooooooooooooooooopps!!!

I was destracted by the teletubiees.
Go lala, go lala GOOOOOOOOOOOO!

:WH: :WH: :WH: :WH: :WH: :WH: :?: :CraZ:

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
distracted not destracted
teletubbies not teletubiees
ay currumbah..

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
priteshpatel99 said:
:CraZ: :CraZ: :CraZ: :CraZ: :CraZ: :CraZ: :CraZ: :CraZ: :CraZ: :CraZ: :CraZ: :CraZ: :CraZ: :CraZ: :CraZ: :CraZ:
Better lay off the sugar huh?
Please do. Or start a new thread called sugar overdose and do some post wh0ring in there. :thumbdown :mad:

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Pritesh,
im already over the sugar, my friend introduced me to green cordial

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
priteshpatel99 said:
Not even GM is that stupid!:CraZ:
I'm thinking Pontiac Aztec... :rolleyes:

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Since Holden supplys engines to Daewoo which Daewoo probably owes them money as well I wonder if that is the reason GM is buying them out at a bargain price.

·
Australian xr8 Member
82 Posts
Just hope they don't lay off any workers here.Then import from Daewoo Land.But thats the way things are going,no one seems to care ..esp the polies..:thumbdown :thumbdown :?: :?:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
About this Discussion
17 Replies
6 Participants
Paul E
Ford Forums
Ford Forum is a community to discuss all things Ford. Check out our discussions on the Ford Escape, Mustang, Edge, F-150, Raptor, Explorer, Focus, Fusion, Fiesta and more!
Full Forum Listing