Ford Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I would like to thank and congratulate all members who attended and helped on the weekend for their monster effort.

Our display was a credit to all involved, especially Bill, who pulled everything together.

Congrats to the 4 club members who won trophies on the weekend.

Not only did we have a lot of fun together as usual but met a lot great new people as well.

It was also great to have our sponsor Rob Herrod there and the presentation we made to him was well received. It was good to see the Herrod worked Maughn Thiem XR8 pip Peter Starr's super charged commodore by 10 hp on saturday but the tables were turned on sunday. Oh well that's life.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Agreed,

Great job Bill, especially the "fence" posts...looked very nice.
I must admit to not being a fan of locking the beast up for 2.5 days though! It's too damn long, and there isn't enough to keep any of the kids amused (especially the younger ones..!)

If we do have to be present at these things (and I don't mind the 1 day type shows toooo much) maybe we can roster people on for a series of shorter stints over the entire weekend rather than than most of us staying there all weekend (which can be a bit of a grind!)

Most impressed with the two modified (reasonably heavily...but still) XR6 Turbo's pulling 417hp & 414hp. That is unreal, and even though the supercharged Boss 260 pulled 495hp, the result for the sixes is enormous.
(Pity they don't make the right noise...!!)

Met some great people, had a lot of fun, raised some money for the club and heard some amusing stories & rumours. Great weekend (but my feet hurt & the voice is just hanging on trying to shout over "Pinky's" constant droning...)

Well done girls & guys...a credit to the club.

·
If Only I Had Lexus Power
827 Posts
Great display guys-- Especialy the placing of the holden lion toy, under the wheeels.

Well done there were heaps of great cars there

·
Very happy GT-P owner
461 Posts
redGhia said:
Great display guys-- Especialy the placing of the holden lion toy, under the wheeels.

Well done there were heaps of great cars there

Sorry mate, that was not us, that was the Tickford Car Club.

We are the FPV&XR Car Club - SA and we were towards the middle next to the Maughan Thiem/Herrod display, with the big blue Marquee, with FPV&XR Car Club - SA plastered all over it.

We arent associated with the Tickford Car Club is any way shape or form, we are a completely seperate club..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts