Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
Good to see we're floggin Holden at something. Says a lot about the product development at Holden. I wonder what the figures would be if Holden had thought of the Tradesman?...

·
Future XR Owner
2,245 Posts
What a load of ****e! How does holden deserve an engineering award for that ute.

Did Ford get any recognition for the engineering of the range of AU Falcons??

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
media advertising i say grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...:thumbdown :thumbdown

·
Shhh, we're hunting Lions
1,610 Posts
I think Ford did win some design award for the AU.:CraZ:

I think the Commode ute looks **** it has no personality, its your typical jelly mould car the Falcon ute looks far more agressive.

By the way I have only seen 2 standard commode utes the rest have been S and SS variants. Can't say the same about the Falcon where I see heaps of XL's, XLS, XR6, XR8. The Falcon utes are for work and play whilst the commode is just for play. :flame:

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
I actually don't mind the look of the SS ute, but I can't stand the base models. They ride way too high and look like sh*te..

·
Hawthorn Supporter
1,808 Posts
What a load of bulls#!t . There is no way that the Commodore ute is designed better than the AU ute.
How much did Holden pay them to give them the award?
I must admit that the VU looks pretty good for a Holden but our ute kicks ass in looks.
I'm sick of Holden getting awards for better designed and built cars because they don't deserve s#!t :fmad:

Don't worry guys, when the AV comes out Holden will be s#!tting themselves and it will be our turn to get the awards. :D

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ford Man said:
I actually don't mind the look of the SS ute, but I can't stand the base models. They ride way too high and look like sh*te..
Same here but they aren't as good a package inside with the extra space the Ford interior has. The SS ute is a huge seller down here!:(

·
1,610 Posts
I just think that the commode utes (SS) are bought by young guys who think they are really cool, theres a black one here in Bendigo that is really loud and so low that he slows down to a crawl just to get over the tram lines smoothly.
The percentage of commode utes that I see with tradesmans gear in the back is very low, compared with the Falcon ute.

Also is it only me or do all SS and HSV drivers drive around with their bloody driving lights on during the day, god its annoying.:bond:

·
My Neck Hurts....
501 Posts
Take a look at the links at the bottom of the story.

Does drive do that all the time, or only when it's a paid-advertisement?

Lukeyson

T

·
0 Posts
Been doing some thinkin yesterday after I saw a couple of clients from the Packer Empire....this guy hit the nail on the head.

"To GET in front and stay No1 you need a product that is reliable and fashionable and with the times. To STAY in front is another matter. ONE problem, with ONE product, loses 10 potential sales".

If you think about it, Ford are in a good position at the moment just cruising. Now cruise the car yards, and count the Holdens.
there's an old saying, softly softly catchee monkey.

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
Adam W said:
Also is it only me or do all SS and HSV drivers drive around with their bloody driving lights on during the day, god its annoying.:bond:
That I don't mind so much. What I hate is those wankers who insist on driving with their rear foglights on. I give 'em the high beam every time. Problem is it's getting more common all the time.

As for the ute, the AU issue may well have been the cart springs. It would be hard to justify giving a design award for cart springs even though they essentially do the job for the vehicle they're fitted to.

·
1,610 Posts
Rear Foglights, Don't tell me would the culprits be Korean cars. I have to admit that they really annoy me to, if only I had a bull bar on my car, excuse "sorry it was a case of the old Red Mist, wait a minute it was a case of the damn annoying red light on the back of Ye Korean buzzbox. :flame:

·
Forever Ford Follower
558 Posts
Ok i hate the media.. I just saw that that stupid Ice Coffee ad with the gay SS ute going in reverse and after reading the article its like the media and other companies want Holden to be #1. Its just pathetic - and the fact that Holden are arrogant f***s its just pisses me off even more. stupid holden and stupid media.. they can all piss off cuz they are just jealous that no one can make cars as good as FORD. :fmad: oh well -- thats just me letting out some steam.. probably cuz its monday and all..

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
Adam W said:
Rear Foglights, Don't tell me would the culprits be Korean cars.
Yeah - the ones where the driver is so brainless they went and bought a Korean car to start with. Holden Barinas are getting there slowly too!
Vilkas - help us out here. Start nabbing those losers!

·
Mr. Embargo
3,745 Posts
You know Ford officially released some good news today as well.

Ford has entered into a three year/24 million dollar deal with Westpac and will be the sole fleet provider for the company.

Ford will supply approximately 800 dedicated LPG Falcon Forte sedans and 50 Explorers.

The dedicated LPG Falcons will save Westpac 2 million dollars over the three year period not to mention the environment as well.

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
Good to see Ford making an inroad into the Fleet market again. Just need to target the personal fleet buyers now..

·
2,153 Posts
A cousin of mine who works for a council said they have switched from Commodore wagons to dedicated LPG Falcons. It was good to see him in a Ford company car again after a string of Holdens the last few years.

As far as lights go I find the Xenon (?) headlights on cars like Audis to be more dazling to the eyes at night.

·
Ford Member
1,054 Posts
Falcon utes kick Holdens ass in looks without a doubt.

Korean cars with foglights piss me off too and so does those attn seaking dunnydores who drive with headlights,highbeam,foglights etc on a sunny day. How dumb would you have to be to see another driver of a Commode like yours with his lights on in the day and think to yourself i should put mine on:CraZ: :CraZ: :CraZ: :CraZ: :CraZ: or do they think they drive for HRT:confused:

·
Registered
453 Posts
JEM said:
What a load of ****e! How does holden deserve an engineering award for that ute.

Did Ford get any recognition for the engineering of the range of AU Falcons??
AU did win design awards at release (in 98 I think :?:)

"Industrial Design" what a load of crap!:cussing:
Did they consider the Fords carrying capacity or the fact it available as a cab chassis or style side or did they consider the extra space inside the cab or the longer tub so you can fit your dirt bikes in the back. Or did they consider the durable poly (rust free) material the AU tub is made of (I dont think the VS is the same). or the way the rear tub is moulded for load seperators and tie downs to be used or the...... or the....... or the .......
They mention "innovation displayed in the design of features like the tailored tonneau cover" (woopee doo!) and **** like "VU Ute won the award "hands down" with its dynamic sports recreational design."

This has to be a SCAM!!!
:cussing: :rocking: :cussing: :rocking: :cussing: and to make matters even worse they said the judges were "unanimous" in awarding the prize (ha!)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts