Ford Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
V8 ute driver!
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from the Holden V Ford show, loved it once again.
Herrod/Maughn Thiem Ford BA XR8 sedan did 492 rwhp in the dyno shootout while the Starr Monaro did 483 rwhp.
The XR8 was running a Vortech + Unichip, no intercooler an standard(i think) exhaust. Not sure what boost it was running though.
CAPA had a black XR8 ute running a stage 1 vortech kit which made 380 rwhp.
Eddie Tassone had his twin-turbo commo there again and after a few lil troubles made 1009 rwhp!!!

After the show they had an arena show with Monster trucks, Speedway an Free Style moto-x. In the speedway one of the supersedans clouted the wall exiting one of the corners right where we were standing an smashed a hole through the concrete barrier! :AAHHH:

Luckily it was nicely air-conditioned in the hall as it's around 38-40 degrees this weekend here in adelaide, bummer i missed the miss nationals contest but plenty of nice fords to check out on display made it a great day!

Cheers .....Nath

P.S. I wanna blower for me ute NOW!!

·
V8 ute driver!
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nah no pics unfortuantly, no camera an no comp skills to upload it if i did! Rob Herrod seemed pretty happy after doing in the monaro on the dyno. The XR8 made peek power at 5800 rpm, but **** the monaro howls with the blower setup it's got.
Hopefully someone else on here was there an got some pics they can put up.

·
Often has bolts left over
848 Posts
honestly i thought it sucked... $15 for one pavilion and nothing much really happained. The PAs they used were terrible too, you couldnt hear what the announcers were saying. I did enjoy looking at the couple of EA saloon cars they had on display though.

·
Are we there yet?
1,621 Posts
How did Daniel (Fordfan351) go???

·
FF Moderator
2,202 Posts
Glad you enjoyed it. They advertised the show was open from 10am to 10pm, but when I turned up at 7.50 pm, I was told they would be closing in 10 minutes!!

Naturally I was mightly pissed, so I'm glad at least another forum member enjoyed it.

Cheers,
Grumpy

·
Often has bolts left over
848 Posts
I had a look at daniel's car. if they didnt give it first place they must have been paid off!

·
V8 ute driver!
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Does anyone know what the Herrod XR8 made on the dyno on sunday?
I heard the Starr Monaro went 506 rwhp sunday.

Yeah was a bit dissapointing they only had one hall of cars, and i thought the entry price of $32(Show + arena spectacular) was a bit much til i heard that the supercross tickets are gonna cost me $52 + booking fee!

·
Registered
69 Posts
fordfan351 you have a pm.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts