Ford Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Australian Ford Member
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Somewhere in my internet travels I found a home dyno in the US and it was affordable, like maybe US$100 to US$150. Some sort of electronic gizmo that hooked up to I can't remember what and somehow calculated output. No doubt not as accurate as proper rear wheel dyno, but I'd like to have one to chart progress of various improvements I want to make on my 3.9 mpi. I tried a few local suppliers with no luck.

Anyone heard of anything like this in Australia?

·
Australian Fairmont Member
23 Posts
EA S
With regard to your request may I suggest that you try looking at an internet site http://geocities.com/93notch
If you follow the prompts - Cool Software I Wrote
- Streetdyno
- Downloads
you will be allowed to download a pre release version of his software and you will be able to see how it works.
The basic concept is that it measures acceleration times using spark pulses of a known engine format using parameters that you input advising it of vehicle weight and gearing etc.

I hope this helps

T

·
0 Posts
there is also an instrument called a g-meter which sits on your dash like a radar detector that does the same thing retails for around $300. does quater mile times, rear wheel dyno etc. I would say about 70% accurate, give or take.

·
Australian Ford Member
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks White Knight & Doc.

I've put up follow on topic How to calculate performance improvements, which you might be able to comment on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts