Ford Forums banner

21 - 40 of 119 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
xr8_sprint said:
a) i've seen the motor rev to 7600 on the dyno
b) it's a 1000cfm BG carb
c) i would hardly call a 408W with ported 3Vs, Ferrea valves, TFC manifold, BG 1000cfm carb, 630+ thou roller cammed engine as being aesthmatic.

I have seen this engine on the dyno untuned pull 455rwhp on U98. I'm not going to get into a number war, but i think this donk has a bit more mumbo than what you think it has.

PS. i cant wait to tell you guys how mine goes... engine is out of the hottank and hopefully we'll have a fireup within the month :)
Sorry I misinterpreted the first post. I was referring to aesthmatic as opposed to forced induction. You are pretty much on the money if it can do 7500 rpm ...I figure about 477kW max on pump fuel with a slightly bigger carby.

·
LOOKING FORWARD TO NYE!!!
2,512 Posts
Racer said:
I have a 347 with the works for sale
please PM me with info :hy:

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #23

·
Registered
61 Posts
i had the heads flowed, out of the box the flowed at 575 had abit of work done to them and they flowed at about 600
Frdpwr Have you got the Edelbrock 77219 Victor race heads or the Victor Jnrs which flow about 570 out of the box and 600 with porting. The Vic jnrs have a 210cc intake port volume as oposed to the 240cc intake port volume of the Vic snrs. Just asking because I am selling my Canfield heads wich flow like the Vic jnrs.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
im pretty sure ive got the vic snrs but not sure, my mate has the victor jnrs and mine were the next step on his so im assuming there the victor snrs
cubes said:
Frdpwr Have you got the Edelbrock 77219 Victor race heads or the Victor Jnrs which flow about 570 out of the box and 600 with porting. The Vic jnrs have a 210cc intake port volume as oposed to the 240cc intake port volume of the Vic snrs. Just asking because I am selling my Canfield heads wich flow like the Vic jnrs.

·
Registered
61 Posts
They sound like the Victor snr but there were a few updates on the vic jnrs i.e. some with 700 cc chambers, different exhust bolt holes, CnC versions (look on the Edelbrock site). Just check the model number it should have 7721 or 77219(new part number) stamped on the head or packaging. I am curios because I am srepping up to these heads and they should flow a lot more than the jnrs with the right amount of port work.
P.s. Nice setup you have.

·
Registered
311 Posts
cubes said:
Cubes I have the victor jnrs & they flow nowhere near 570hp stock...

·
Registered
61 Posts
Just going by U.S. figures they tend to show flow figures at lift interval lift rather than horsepower flow potential(which dosen't give you the whole picture), anyway Edelbrock and other so called individual tests show 270-280 cfm @ .600 lift which should equate to 570 Hp or so ,if 300 cfm is 600 Hp capabilty. Then comes the question of the acuracy of these tests which tend to be inflated or the heads in the tests have had some minor clean up work. Balinor out of curiosity what did they flow(actual max cfm and HP potential) and was this done at 28" of water?

·
Registered
311 Posts
cubes said:
Just going by U.S. figures they tend to show flow figures at lift interval lift rather than horsepower flow potential(which dosen't give you the whole picture), anyway Edelbrock and other so called individual tests show 270-280 cfm @ .600 lift which should equate to 570 Hp or so ,if 300 cfm is 600 Hp capabilty. Then comes the question of the acuracy of these tests which tend to be inflated or the heads in the tests have had some minor clean up work. Balinor out of curiosity what did they flow(actual max cfm and HP potential) and was this done at 28" of water?
Cubes,stock they flowed around the 500hp mark or just under from memory.With a little bit of work they are now flowing just over 600hp.The actual flow figures were [email protected] 600 lift at 25" of water (607hp).I have always found US figures to be horse shyte as their crate motors etc seem to lose a heap of horsepower when they hit our shores.

·
Approach with caution.
1,043 Posts
balinor said:
Cubes,stock they flowed around the 500hp mark or just under from memory.With a little bit of work they are now flowing just over 600hp.The actual flow figures were [email protected] 600 lift at 25" of water (607hp).I have always found US figures to be horse shyte as their crate motors etc seem to lose a heap of horsepower when they hit our shores.
hmmm just over 600HP... that's going to get the GT moving isnt it!!!! :hy: I think you've got it in the bag!!!

·
The SB Slayer
1,542 Posts
balinor said:
4Vman the ported & filled 4V's flow over 700hp,I've got no hope.
Balinor and yes they do :priest:

·
methanol injected clevo
1,185 Posts
what defines a "street car"

a car that sees the "street" 3 or 4 times a year, gets driven only on sunny summer days, or gets driven to work every day?

i've seen "street" cars compete at the drags that would never see time on the roads.

i think there is no real definition of the word "street car"

21 - 40 of 119 Posts