Ford Forums banner

101 - 119 of 119 Posts

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
bagged88 said:
it wouldnt let me put em on it was sayin they were to big and i couldnt figure out how to shrink em......any ideas?
If you have a photo editing program, you need to change the physical size of the pic so it's no larger that 1000 pixles wide.

Then save it in a lower resolution or quality so the size of the file is less than 150kb.

But photobucket etc is easy too.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Just got on this thread again, some awsome strokers getting around herte in Aus,bagged88 what stroke are you running to get 445 with a stock block and are those the new Canfield castings that can take a hell of a lot more porting. I upgraded my original Canfields to 280cc Victors to feed the 427 I am having built at Total Flow Cylinder heads, nearly there just need a oil pan to finish things off, can't wait for your pics.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
went to calder last week it was a cold nite. car wasnt running at it best but still managed some allright times. It appears to be either a fuel problem at high RPM or spark. When ever i would get it in top gear and over 6300rpm it would just pop and fart. We tried to play with tht fuel mixtures but still didnt help. i would have to back off just after 3qtr track and it still ran [email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
as u can see all the times are all over the place it would just depend on when and how bad it would pop! thres always neext week. this tells us at least it should ran into the 10's next time we take it out

hopefully take it out 2mrw and ran a 10sec pass ;)

·
Registered
58 Posts
sry guys i havent beeen on here in a while i forgot about the pics...when i get home from school ill get those specs and the pics....but i do have bad news.....right at the finish line the guard rail "jumped" infront of me if ya know what i mean....the car jus kind of kissed the rail but the damage was good enough it tore up the front bumber and front left fender pretty bad nuthin some new body parts cant fix,,,the rear quarter also got a few bad spots where it jus barly touched..so ill get the pics of what it looked like before and what it looks like now after a lil damage.....the only bad part about it is......the new 3000 dollar paint job only lasted like a month =(

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #105
ran the again last week. car made more power by changing the type of fuel or plugs, it made 342rwk
it ran [email protected]

i just couldnt get out of the whole need to invest in some full slicks
with that mph should hopfully ran a 10.6 fingures crossed

·
Registered
236 Posts
hi guys how are you doin all? ...look an AU xr8 maunal series III making 210kw at the wheels...what sort of qtr mile time u think its capabale of doing? ? it has 20inch wheels with decent rubber...

·
Registered
58 Posts
i got pictures guys but it still wont let me upload them...it might be the schools security stuff blocking it i dno ill have to try when i get home...

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
bagged88 said:
i got pictures guys but it still wont let me upload them...it might be the schools security stuff blocking it i dno ill have to try when i get home...
Make sure they're below 1000 pixel resolution and less than 140kB in size.

·
Registered
58 Posts
well the car is back in paint fixin its boo boos's that the wall left,,we figured out what was causing it to head for the wall in the first place.....the o ring on the oil filter had blown through and was leaking but it only did it on the top end of the track so it was a hard one to find...so maybe after we pay a nother 2500 to fix the paint....it wont head for the walla anymore but hey who knows.....also i think thats my problem my pics are to big whats the easiest way to shrink them?

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #111
had a mad nite at calder lastnite. only got three passes though. the first launch a crapped my self as the car launched at 4500rpm. Came the scond launch i was abit more used to it. so i launched it at 5000rpm. Third time around 5400rpm but i couldnt improve on my time. but overall a great nite
1st pass [email protected]
2ns pass [email protected]
3rd pass [email protected]

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #114
it appears that my auto casing is cracked all the way through, could this be due to the transbrake? or why else would it do it?
thanks

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #116
the auto has been repaired and we also put a race style pan, there alot thicker and dnt allow the auto to bend and flex as much, im using a 5500 stall. when i was racing it thats what i luanched the car at on the last pass

B

·
0 Posts
thick cast/billet style sumps are the go they fill up the big hole that is an auto's biggest strength issue (casewise), must of had a small flaw in the case. Good to hear you got it fixed

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #118
in this months issue of Street Machines Toughest Fords with the Silver Za on the front...................on page 40 you will see the ESP. It come up reall nice in the photos ;)

101 - 119 of 119 Posts