Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
BOFH
7,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to thank whoever it was with the red E series who has taken upon themselves the task of placing a bloody big "Speed Camera Ahead" sign behind the blood sucking scum speed camera operator on Morris Road in Hoppers Crossing.

You are a legend (and probably saved me a few $$$ too!)

·
YES its a 5 Speed!!
2,242 Posts
hahaha lol... did they place it where the car was or was it a camera by itself???
:bowd: they get what they deserve!!!

·
BOFH
7,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the car was about 50 meters before the camera with a chalk board leaned up on the boot. Easy to spot and easily enough time to slow down. I went by 10kph under the limit, waived to the guy in the E series and gave the bird to the operator of the revenue machine!

·
YES its a 5 Speed!!
2,242 Posts
hahaha lol, what a classic! :HAHA:

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
thats really good of them, i find these days, no-one bothers to even flash their lights anymore, I think its something we still ought to do for each other

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
yes one for the ford zero to the revenue raisers.

·
Registered
581 Posts
chevypower said:
thats really good of them, i find these days, no-one bothers to even flash their lights anymore, I think its something we still ought to do for each other
I never used to but in these days of the zero tolerance regime I make a point of doing it.

A couple of months ago in Vermont a revenue camera in a Hyundai soft-roader was set up on Boronia Rd on the downhill section (of course) to catch people heading East. Someone set up a home made sign and leaned it against the back of the camera car. It read:

"Revenue Camera Here"

Classic. A slab awaits the person responsible!!

·
Registered
765 Posts
If all of us banded together and started putting signs up when we see a camera, I am sure it would cut the revenue of the fixed cameras out a bit at least. I for one am going to start doing it.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
I always flash my headlights to warn on-coming cars about speed cameras ahead,i deliberately flash my lights in front of the operater so he knows that im doing it ,just to give them the shits ,i hope so.
Cheers John

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
If i have free time i actually stop, turn around if necessary and sit behind them too....what can they do? They say that its just their job, but thats not good enough.. why do they have a job? to get money? and they are doing it in the same way as the government... so the operators are just as guilty!

·
Sandwich Connoisseur
955 Posts
The funniest camera story I've heard was the story of 3 youths. One of the youths approached the opperator and seemingly interested, asked how the system worked, just after the fine amnisty period had ellapsed after their introduction. Whilst the operator's attention was diverted, the other two proceeded to remove the front number plate from the van. One hour later, the 3 attached the numberplate to their car and drove past the camera numerous times at excessive speed. Needless to say the police were bemused when they received numerous fines for the van that caught it. I'm 90% sure its a true story, but can't remember where I heard it, on the radio perhaps.

Donno

·
YES its a 5 Speed!!
2,242 Posts
hahaha what a pisser!!! :s6: :HAHA:
can the cops do nethin if they see you flashin your lights to other motorists to warn of cameras ahead???

·
Registered
46 Posts
Supa R00 said:
can the cops do nethin if they see you flashin your lights to other motorists to warn of cameras ahead???
Obstruction of Justice, comes to mind. I've never seen it enforced, though it'd be wise to check your states laws, before you drive past a camera with your hi-beams set to 'Strobe'.

·
Sandwich Connoisseur
955 Posts
Supa R00 said:
According to my old man you can get booked if they're really nasty for due care and attention.

Donno

·
LOOKING FORWARD TO NYE!!!
2,512 Posts
haha top stuff casper!

:hy: to the guy in the e series!

·
Whats traction?
2,197 Posts
donno said:
The funniest camera story I've heard was the story of 3 youths. One of the youths approached the opperator and seemingly interested, asked how the system worked, just after the fine amnisty period had ellapsed after their introduction. Whilst the operator's attention was diverted, the other two proceeded to remove the front number plate from the van. One hour later, the 3 attached the numberplate to their car and drove past the camera numerous times at excessive speed. Needless to say the police were bemused when they received numerous fines for the van that caught it. I'm 90% sure its a true story, but can't remember where I heard it, on the radio perhaps.

Donno
I have heard of this before and I believe some of the other forum members may be able to shed more light on this (but I think they might keep to themselves too!).

From what I heard the person who attached the stolen plate to their car didn't take the 'for sale' sticker off their rear window... that had their mobile number on it! Got reamed for their troubles too.

Ohh and the fine they issue for flashing your high beams is for using your high beams within 200m of another vehicle.

·
Registered
540 Posts
It would certainly make for a good argument. I think that in the west that if you get caught flashing your lights by the plods you can be fined. I am not sure as to why but you could certainly go for the following;

A speed camera is there to encourage people not to speed, right? Well, all they do is catch people speeding thus by their very operation, proving themselves a failure. However, if you where to flash on-coming motorists that there was a speed camera, or the likes, people would then slow down, that is, make sure that they are doing the correct speed.

Each time I see a speed camera (you don't see plods standing by the side of the road with radar guns anymore), I deliberately flash my lights hoping to get busted. Sounds a but silly but the trap here is that some people say that they weren't flashing their headlights, and guess what, they end up with a yellow sticker. I will be sticking to the above story, just haven't been able to put it to the test as yet.

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
greetings all
what about the way that they park there cars with the camera on board

most of the time i see them they are parked on the nature strip, if it was one of us we would have had a parking ticket for illeagle parking

i thought that it was illeagle for them to park illeagle to be able to fine you

regards
rod

1 - 20 of 37 Posts