Ford Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Go the GT's
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, am thinking of doing my bonnet with the McLeod Ford Style blackouts, just to be a little diffrent. On yellow glow, I do not like the full black bonnet paint scheme, and allthough I really like the all yellow as it is now, I would like a little black to A. Break up the yellow some, but not too much, and B. to cut a little of the glare down that this thing WILL give my eyes...
As the pics show how bright it allready is with 4 months of heavy dust all over it, I am keen to do somthing a little diffrent, but still keep within the spirit of the era, hence these blackouts. Plus they are fairly easily reversable.

What I am after is a correct set of dimentions for these, and as many as possible hi res and hi quality pics as I can get to assist the painter in getting them right. Any help is appreciated......

Donny

Like this....

And this photoshopped one, allthough the colour is a little wrong, and the blackouts arent spot on, it gives the idea... (Thanks to Sean)

An this is how she is now.....

·
Coupe XA
326 Posts
yep ill get dimensions today for you. Hopefully ill get back to you by tommorow night.

·
Fatso
600 Posts
Snake Bite said:
Donny....... DONT DO IT.....IT will look cra.........!!!!!!

Looks hot IMHO...! Great variation on the XA paintout, which really suits the bonnet lines. Each to their own I guess...

·
Go the GT's
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well for me it's either the Horn blackout or noone at all. On the Yellow Glow GT IMO the full black bonnet looks crap, its too much black. This way at least gives me a compromise for the glare without going away from tradditional styling.

·
PHAT COUPES
896 Posts
I didn't like the all black bonnet as much as just a plain yellow one but after getting mine done in black it seems to have growen on me and now I love the bonnet .
I think the horn bonnet is a great compermise

·
PHAT COUPES
896 Posts
tony xa said:
I didn't like the all black bonnet as much as just a plain yellow one but after getting mine done in black it seems to have growen on me and now I love the bonnet .
I think the horn bonnet is a great compermise
Are you doing the gt black outs on the rest of the car

·
Go the GT's
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah, the rest of the cars exteriour will be exact as per GT, have spent a lot of time and effort making shure that they are exactingly correct, including where the colour runs off etc, even the interiour paint is correct.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts