Ford Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys, I'm trying to get my horn to work on my 2005 Police Interceptor.

Things I've checked:
12V to the horn, they blow.
Checked ALL the fuses in the under dash fuse box, all good.
Checked the fuse under the hood, its good.

So, what and where should I check?

·
2002 F150 XLT
11,012 Posts
There's a dark blue wire under the dash to the steering wheel. If you ground it, the horn should blow. You could also look in the trunk to see if there's a small fuse and relay panel there. They usually cut into it to run the siren. There's also a wire under the center of the dash below the ashtray that can be used and if you do have that circuit in the system, the wire color there is white/green.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There's a dark blue wire under the dash to the steering wheel. If you ground it, the horn should blow. You could also look in the trunk to see if there's a small fuse and relay panel there. They usually cut into it to run the siren. There's also a wire under the center of the dash below the ashtray that can be used and if you do have that circuit in the system, the wire color there is white/green.
Bert, is this the small fuse/relay panel your referring to? If so, all the wires are cut that run to it, and it also appears that alot of these go to the strobe lights. Alot of these also match wires where the console was (Also cut). Is thing going to be a problem?

Thank you for all your help. Im going to go look for that blue wire again.

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Alright found a dark blue wire. Its connected to something, didnt go much farther then that tonight. Going to hit that up later, probably tomorrow.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bert,
Thank you for your help. Apparently the horn draws power from the trunk on a yellow with a green tracer/stripe. That wire was cut in the door jam under the sill plate so the horn wasn't getting power. But now I have power and its on its way to the inspection station.

Thanks everyone.

·
2002 F150 XLT
11,012 Posts
That's the one. I forgot that it was yellow/green and not white/green. It runs in the console area and loops into the trunk.

Glad to hear that you found it. Good luck on the inspection.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Bert,
Thank you for your help. Apparently the horn draws power from the trunk on a yellow with a green tracer/stripe. That wire was cut in the door jam under the sill plate so the horn wasn't getting power. But now I have power and its on its way to the inspection station.

Thanks everyone.
Hi this worked like magic thanks, there is that wire like you described saved me hours and hours and lots of money, this morning a mechanic spent 2 hours trying to find why the horn stopped working, and asked me to take it to the dealer and let him know how it was fixed, he refused to charge me, after reading this blog it took me 6 minutes to find and hook the wires together and this did the trick, there was two yellow with light green stripes both same color thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Glad it helped. Thanks for the update.
Alright guys, I'm trying to get my horn to work on my 2005 Police Interceptor.

Things I've checked:
12V to the horn, they blow.
Checked ALL the fuses in the under dash fuse box, all good.
Checked the fuse under the hood, its good.

So, what and where should I check?
Hi guys happy to see everyone was able to find and fix their horn.
I sadly cannot. I’m looking all around with what everyone has said. I didn’t notice any yellow green wire in trunk I looked under kick panel didn’t notice. And Ive searched under dash looking for cut wires etc horn deff works tied that in direct. Anyway you guys can Further help maybe photo or something.
It’s a 2005 ford crown Vic police interceptor thanks

·
Super Moderator
7,646 Posts
I can't guarantee the color codes, but this is pretty much the schematic, do you know if the horns actually still work if energized?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi thanks I do know horn works I jumped it out and it worked I’ve looked all over. its One of those things having a feeling it’s right in front of me and can’t figure it out

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
5 Participants
fordpoliceinter
Ford Forums
Ford Forum is a community to discuss all things Ford. Check out our discussions on the Ford Escape, Mustang, Edge, F-150, Raptor, Explorer, Focus, Fusion, Fiesta and more!
Full Forum Listing