Ford Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read someone here did a brake upgrade with the dba gold slotted and crossdrilled in here and it often cracks. But has anyone replace with just the slotted type?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hello,
Yes, I usd the slotted versions on my 98 EL Falcon, and I got very good results! I live in South Africa, in a region where it is fairly hot in summer, approx 30-36 deg Celsuis, and no problems.

They tend to be a bit noisy on very hard braking, because of the pad rubbing over the grooves, but rather that than shuddering/no stopping.

See ya,
Phillip

K

·
0 Posts
I previously had slotted/cross-drilled discs with Bendix Ultimates and had no problems. They eventually wore down and I have since replaced them with DBA slotted dics. I have noticed no discearnable difference between the two. This also from several track sessions at Wakefield and also one at Oran Park.

B

·
0 Posts
I have used the DBA drilled and slotted discs for sometime now. I find them to be very good. Especially on twisty, downhill mountain roads. No fade! Any of the Bendix performance type pads seem to work well with these discs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts