Ford Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know how to hot wire an ea?, my key has been destroyed i need to move the car.

·
wants a manual!
1,461 Posts
put it in neutral and push. you wont have any steering though as the steering lock will go on. but you could jack up the front wheels with a trolly jack and use that for steering you will need a few people to give you a hand to move it this way.

·
Registered
847 Posts
cmon guys pm him with a better answer its obviously his car

·
wants a manual!
1,461 Posts
6pAc|30nG|00n said:
cmon guys pm him with a better answer its obviously his car
i have no doubts that its his car and i would if i new how to hot wire one but i have no experience in this feild. i thought my advice was good too!!! oh well. surely someone knows.

·
E-Series wagon owner
1,929 Posts
just get the wires out of the igniton thingy and play with the wires joining them and all until the car starts

or try connecting the red (= positive) and black (= earth)wires and see what happens
i have never hotwired my ea before so i don't know any other way

·
Lost in FF
381 Posts
yeah i've done it to my old one before cant remeber exactly what wire.. there is 3.. i'll pm you the ones i remeber
but you still wont be able to steer it without having to break the steering lock..
is it easy to pull the ignetion switch etc out of the barrel like on the old lasers.(if you know what i mean?)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts