Ford Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,859 Posts
Wishful thinking. BTW your Mustang looks good. I think I've told you that already but I'm telling you again.:D

·
Old Skool Member
1,031 Posts
Yeah all of us Probe owners have wished for a new Probe, but it just is not going to happen. It seems that most Probe owners would not want a big block engine in their Probes however. Most seem to want some sort of KLZE, or KL03 Mazda engine, with twin-turbochargers and AWD. I personally would like to see a big block Probe with AWD, or RWD. But I can keep dreaming right!?

I have always wondered about the possibility of dropping a Mustang V8 into a Probe and making it RWD. That would suit it just a tad better I think.

:)

Hey, anything can happen. With alot of money, and alot of time and dedication. I saw in Hot Rod magazine a little Chevette with a 500+ C.I. Cadillac motor stuffed into it. The transmission was sitting to the right of the driver it was so crammed into there. :D

Anything can happen.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks stacy!! Sure, rear wheel drive and the works! Hell, lets throw a 5speed tremec and a supercharger in there too!

·
Mustang/Cougar Member
272 Posts
new probe

Hey,
I hate to be the bearer of bad news if you are looking for a new probe. The word on the street is that the Cougar will become the Mustang sister car agian in 2004 and RWD. I think that pretty much rules out a new probe, since that most feel that is where the new edge Cougar came from. You never know, there can always be hope!
Rob

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: new probe

Bobnoxious said:
Hey,
I hate to be the bearer of bad news if you are looking for a new probe. The word on the street is that the Cougar will become the Mustang sister car agian in 2004 and RWD. I think that pretty much rules out a new probe, since that most feel that is where the new edge Cougar came from. You never know, there can always be hope!
Rob
That is what I have heard also... I'd really like to see what the '03 DEW98-framed cars are gonna look like, are they gonna try to go more retro or in a different direction entirely???

·
Registered
7,859 Posts
It's a shame Ford is killing the Cougar. They have the new Cougar C2 and Zn. Ford adds wheels and ground effects but no engine up grades. I don't understand that at all.:confused: I wonder why they didn't go with the Cougar S idea ?

·
Grand Muckety Muck
710 Posts
Too expensive from the factory, and it would compete in sales with the Mustang.....but it would have been hella cool....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
5 Participants
Trey
Ford Forums
Ford Forum is a community to discuss all things Ford. Check out our discussions on the Ford Escape, Mustang, Edge, F-150, Raptor, Explorer, Focus, Fusion, Fiesta and more!
Full Forum Listing