Ford Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Overall, how is the PI holding up under the constant demands of police work? I know your not police officers, but I thought I'd ask since many of you own the vehicles? How durable was the older 9C1 caprice?

·
Multi Car Owner
930 Posts
I have a 93 Merc marquis, non cop car ofcourse, its running currently at 206k, other then normal maint. like oil changes, plugs, pads and one set of rotors, only repair ever made to the car have been....ALT at 50kish, Starter at 160kish, and a tranny flush at 195kish, other then that the car is ALL ORIG!!!
I have a 94 Caprice 9C1 (cop car) with the LT1 that currently is running 187k. Was a Hwy patrol car, I have had it for two years, all it has had done out side of normal repairs......Water pump at 60k, reblt tranny at 109k, Starter at 130kish, heater core at 140kish and a set of rotors. Didnt get its FIRST TUNEUP, I mean wires, plugs, nothing till 130kish!

·
Crown Vic P71 Member
94 Posts
Tim Very sound results!!

Hey Tim...I just read your post on the results you are geting on you 9C1 ....Those are good figures for any Ex-Police Vehicle no matter what the make!!!.......Allen

·
Multi Car Owner
930 Posts
I have been lucky I guess. Then you throw in a DEER hit a while back that landed me a new radiator, condensor, windshield, core support, Air bags,.....

·
Crown Vic P71 Member
94 Posts
Ouch!!!!

Boy that's No joke!!!...a good size deer or even a Dog can make a real mess of things!!!!....Especially with the way cars are built now with the enclosed Bumpers!!!...The current designs do tend to get expensive to fix due to Plastic lights fascia's and Composite materials....sure they bleed of energy nicely in a crash but if I were to meet a Deer etc. , I would feel much better doing so in my 88 P72 vs. my 93 P71... I know I can repair the 88 much cheaper depending on the area the said animal impacted the car......Allen

1 - 6 of 6 Posts