Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't worry about Falcon XR, and what was that thingy starting with a T?? :confused:

I want a Falcon GT. And I want one BAD!! :evil2:
This baby must be N/A, 5.8ltrs (351), 5 or 6 speed manual and kick the living sh*te out of anything on four wheels. Especially those things on four wheels that wear those pussy cat badges.
I couldn't give a stuff about leather interior and all that fancy crap, I just want the bastard to go!!. Four pot brembo's up front and twin pot out back would be fine. IRS??, ok... why not..

Hands up all you folk who want one too... :evil2: :evil: :evil2:

·
EB Fairmont Owner
191 Posts
Ohh Yeah! Now your talking!

Its about time Ford made another GT after the EL.

My list of inclusions:

** Racing Sport Seats (ie Recaros)
** Touring car style bodykit
** Gold GT 351 Badging
** 18 inch rims
** Air Intake / Hornet Scoop (?)
** Worked 351 - maybe even S/C

Sell it for around 50K from any Ford Dealer

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :mad3: :mad3: :mad3:

·
Saving for a BA XR6t
171 Posts
it would have to be a bare minimum vehicle in terms of luxury. it needs to be affordable not only to the car enthusiast but the average joe. Something forte spec (but with the IRS, suspension setup, brakes and power to go with the GT badge)

o well wishful thinking...

·
Banned
5,809 Posts
Yeah if we do a basic balls out supercar as the GT then you could still place the T-Series as the luxo screamer type stuff, then have an limited edition HO every few years....
Now that would be sweet.....
Pity, I doubt that it will be done

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
TickfordEB said:
** Air Intake / Hornet Scoop (?)
** Worked 351 - maybe even S/C

Sell it for around 50K from any Ford Dealer :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :mad3: :mad3: :mad3:
Air Intake/Heat Cooling - YES!!

Worked 351 - YES

S/C - NOOOOO!!!!!!!... Must be N/A.. no easy power for the GT. Must be raw brute force.. :evil2: :thumbup:

Sell it around 50k and I'll buy one tomorrow.. :D :thumbup:

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'd be happy with the R5 front treatment.. along with the kit to go with it...:D :thumbup:

·
Australian ED XR6 Member
569 Posts
Is it time for another GT? U bet. Do it fulltime? Are you kidding. Don't go making that mistake. U make it a full time car then the GT name will lose it's "LEGENDARY" status. Might not be today, or tommorow, but eventually it will lose its sheer sex appeal. The scarcity of the GT is what makes it so desirable.
The 35th ann GT should be as was suggested, N/A, no life support system to help her breath, 351 as all GT's should have,
Manual transmission standard(performance motoring with an auto - yeh right)
She also needs the 200m look(I know what that is from 200m, not I want to be 200m from that too extreme interior)
:thumbup: :mmm: :mmm: :thumbup:

·
Australian xr8 Member
82 Posts
Thats what a G.T was supposed to be.Yes I'd have All that handling,BRAKES,power steer,air,central locking,Lsd.Not the expensive stuff.I don't care what front it had.The toaster if all els was right including price.:mmm: :mmm: :mmm: :thumbup:

·
Banned
5,809 Posts
Wulos said:
Is it time for another GT? U bet. Do it fulltime? Are you kidding. Don't go making that mistake. U make it a full time car then the GT name will lose it's "LEGENDARY" status. Might not be today, or tommorow, but eventually it will lose its sheer sex appeal. The scarcity of the GT is what makes it so desirable.
The 35th ann GT should be as was suggested, N/A, no life support system to help her breath, 351 as all GT's should have,
Manual transmission standard(performance motoring with an auto - yeh right)
She also needs the 200m look(I know what that is from 200m, not I want to be 200m from that too extreme interior)
:thumbup: :mmm: :mmm: :thumbup:
The GT was once regular production, why can't it go back to being that way?
It didn't hurt it then, it won't hurt it now

·
Australian ED XR6 Member
569 Posts
To make the GT too accessible, is to water down it's standing as a legend. The GT always has been "THE" falcon to own. if u make it a regularly available car, people instantly think, if I want one I'll just pop out tomorrow & get's meself one. That's not what it's about.The limited Edition thing makes it something special, a car that someone wants to keep in original "mint" condition. Take a look back at GT's, sure you'll see the odd one that's modified, but basically, they're kept stock standard.The GT needs to be looked upon as the best of the best, not something that is easily accomplished if everyone can get their hands upon one,to do with as they wish(which is what would happen if they were an unlimited run)

·
EB Fairmont Owner
191 Posts
Ford would have to price it so it could be affordable - Bang for your buck style. Yet It shouldn't compete for sales with the XR8.

Thats why i reckon $50k would be alright for the GT. You could skimp on interior comforts - like just having the forte radio and speakers, air con optional etc

The new GT catch cry -
"The New Falcon GT - afFORDable Performance"

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Don't get me wrong Wulos, I agree completely with what you're saying but I think that mantle should be left for the HO. Have the Falcon GT as a permanent model, but the Falcon GTHO as the limited run "collector" vehicle.
Imagine the performance from an AV GTHO... It's almost too mind blowing to imagine.. :eek: :evil2: :thumbup:

·
Australian ED XR6 Member
569 Posts
IMHO it should be left for the GT name entirely.
With the XR Series, T Series, Tickford enhanced Fairmonts, Mustang, the market already has its fair share of performance vehicles (despite the fact that some of these could use some spicing up)
For this reason Ford Aus should keep the GT brand as something that should be looked up to as special.(sort of like one day if I'm really really lucky, then......)
Not too many read the "HO" in GTHO, they just read the GT name (except for the edumacated ones)
;)

·
Future XR Owner
2,245 Posts
I'd love to see the GT resurected, but as FM said, the GT should be a permanent model in the lineup to go head-to-head with the GTS. The GTHO should be the once every 5yrs ball tearer! :evil:

A car like this, the best of the best, will not be affordable, as much as i'd like to see it be, thats why we have the XR and the enrty Te50! If you had a GT/GTHO priced at 50grand, you'll have inexperienced drivers in them within a couple of years of sale, and wrapping them around trees..

So yes, GT fulltime, GTHO to be a "special"

GT should have 300+kw :cool:

GTHO shaould have 350+kw with sequential box :wink2:

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
JEM said:
GT should have 300+kw :cool:
GTHO should have 350+kw with sequential box :wink2:
Now you're talking JEM!!.. 5 or 6 speed sequential?? :confused:

·
337 Posts
This is definently what we need guys!

Raw Ford 351 power. No fancy Leather and climate control etc. Just performance with a capital P!!, Big brakes, 351, GT, Wild (but not ugly) body kit, awesome suspension and handling, massive 18" or 19" wheel, Massive GTS beating power, Awesome acceleration and a sweet Engine/exhaust note!

Are we asking to much? I hope to be proved wrong!

Regards
Tim/Perth

·
Future XR Owner
2,245 Posts
Ford Man said:

Now you're talking JEM!!.. 5 or 6 speed sequential?? :confused:
Has to be a sequential 6 speed mate :p

And I'd love to know what happened to that concept sequential box they had in the XR8 sequential. Did any mags ever test that thing?

1 - 20 of 85 Posts