Ford Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anyone who knows of how to or has removed the squeeling noise from the engine in the BA's. If i am going to amp my system, i would like to do it properly.

I have already installed the aux input which sounded shit to be polite. I had to build a preamp to bring the listing level up and remove as much noise as possible. not to bad now but there is still a fair bit of noise.

I thought maybe a huge capacitor on the alternator or noise suppressor somewhere.

Any suggestions or how to's would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
14 Posts
You could try one of the noise filters found at Jaycar, ive used them when i had a custom head unit in the car. It made it so it was listenable.

Hope that helps

·
If Only I Had Lexus Power
827 Posts
You can get radio supressors but they are usually tiny. I have seen some wallet sized ones for around $20 at autobarn. Thjey should do the job

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I tried an inline power filter from dickers (DSE) but that still didn't fix the problem on the aux. Need to get to the source me thinks.

Just as a test i ran the preamp i made from the ac power in the house with an extension lead and it was crystal clear. then when i connected the preamp to the car power, i got the whining noise. the noise seems to be too powerfull for the filters you can purchase at dickers, autobarn etc.

Thanks anyway guys

·
BluePrint Bandit
149 Posts
This may be worthless but i will put it in anyway.

I accidently flicked my stereo onto AM radio (which i never use) and there was a whine.... i kept it on AM and accelerated -it whined more, i back off and it stops. I havent installed my amps yet but will be soon so im watching this thread too.

Lucky i never listen to AM :angel:

cheers,
Matt

·
Smashed Gecko Racing
164 Posts
Try running a earth from ay head unit direct to the chassis, not threw the car wiring loumb!

Also try a couple of ground loop isolators in line with ya rca's when ya amps that can sometimes help 2!

·
ST170ish
610 Posts
Write a letter to ford about it...
Bettcha they wont help u, soon Ford aust will have their very own copywrited stud pattern so you cant change your wheels!(sorry just a dig at ford about the BA's intergrated H/U bullshit)

Rmyers how bout "luume" fer good spolling!

·
BluePrint Bandit
149 Posts
A mate who has his own mechanical/auto elec workshop installed my amp for the fronts (i had already replaced the ford ones with Boston Acoustic) and they sound great.... NO NOISE at all that shouldnt be there :angel:

The sub amp is installed and wired up waiting to be connected to some bass makers and this should happen in 2-3 days.

All i know is the dash and ICC were removed and he spent all day on it. When the sub is in i will start a thread with as much info as i can get from him and i believe there are pics too.... so far so good fellaz.

cheers,
Matt

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
send Mark ( XRFPV8 ) a P.M. he has had this fixed in his ute

regards
rod

·
BluePrint Bandit
149 Posts
A lot of people have been waiting to hear that i would guess!

cheers,
Matt

·
Rip Up The Track Join OFR
6,021 Posts
go to or ring DB Fever in Brunswick Victoria, the main man there knows his stuff he put a pheonix gold amp and 4 speakers 2 tweeters connected it to my original head unit cant hear no engine noise if you turn your music right down you can here it very slight.. no one has ever said to me they can engine noise through my speakers....

·
Rip Up The Track Join OFR
6,021 Posts
9psi EB said:
Did you make the preamp yourself?
hi 9psi EB, my amp is made by Phoenix Gold cost's around $600 the 2 high quality line in filters they use to stop the noise thru the speakers are $150 a pair you can buy cheaper filters but they wont do the job properly, they told me i would be strait back complaining about engine noise thru the speakers if they had used the cheapo's...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts