Ford Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reading the manual after owning my car for over 15 months now and was interested as to how i replace the bulb for the driving lights.

Step 1. Open Bonnet (i think, can't quite remember now)
Step 2. Remove bumper assembly (hrrrr)
Step 3. blah blah blah

Does anyone know how to get past step 2.

I did find some nifty features in the manual.

If you hold both unlock and lock on the remote for 5 or so seconds you can change the way your doors unlock. After you hold the buttons, the indicators will flash to let you know the changes have been accepted.

Next time you unlock you door(s) it will only unlock the drivers door. you have to press the unlock button a second time to unlock the rest.

You can chage it back to unlocking all doors by following the same procedure, Holding both buttons until the indicators flash.

This is feature is specific to the remote you chage mode with. Just the same as the seat positions can be saved to the remote. One for the wife (nose on the windscreen) and one for the Husband (driving around like habib in the back seat).

There were some other things but since my memory is like a gold fish, ah you know how it is. what am i doing here again. oh yeah. so any way, how do i remove the bumber?

·
Registered
3,657 Posts
Not being sure whether you mean the fog lamp or the auxiliary lamp or the actual headlamp assembly, here they all are.

Fog Lamp Removal

1. Switch the foglamps off and allow sufficient time to cool.
2. Remove the air lower air deflector.
3. Push the lamp inward with your palm.
4. Disconnect the lamp wiring.
5. Remove the lamp assembly from the car.

Auxiliary Lamp
1. Switch the lamps off and allow sufficient time to to cool.
2. Remove the lower air deflector from the front bumper.
3. Disconnect the wiring harness from the lamp bulb.
4. Remove the three self-tapping screws used to retain the lamp.

Front Bumper Removal
1. Remove the fender splash shield. Remove the retaining scrivets (9 x 6mm), screws and firtree clips.
NOTE: There are a total of 2 screws attaching the front lower section of the splashshield.
2. Remove the "lower air deflector" by removing the eight attaching screws and two plastic push-in rivets and sliding the air deflector rearwards.
3. Disconnect the electrical connector to each lamp.
4. Remove the two plastic push-in rivets from the radiator grille and lift grille to remove.
5. Remove the two screws from the bumper rabbit ears.
6. To detach the bumper from the bumper mounting brackets, hold the bumper by the wheel arch opening and push up, at the same time slowly pull outboard until the tip of the bumper is clear of the fender. At this point push up, at the same time slowly pull outboard until the bumper "clicks" clear of the bracket.
7. The bumper absorbers can be removed by removing the three screws for each side.

Cheers
Russ

·
Tickford and FPV Bloke
953 Posts
Auxiliary Lamp
1. Switch the lamps off and allow sufficient time to to cool.
2. Remove the lower air deflector from the front bumper.
3. Disconnect the wiring harness from the lamp bulb.
4. Remove the three self-tapping screws used to retain the lamp.

All u need to do is 1, 2 and 3, then turn the bulb holder around half a turn and pull it out and replace the bulb. However if the car is a Fairmont Ghia, which it shoud be as only Fairmont Ghias had these lights 15 months ago, you will need to buy the specific replacement bulb as they are a special BLUE type bulb and not just your ordinarly wedge type clear one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts