Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Probe GT Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering how some of you guy's do it. There are some of you that I know have very expensive audio equipment, rims, ex/interior things....but how do you keep your GT nice with out being stressed all the time knowing you could leave your ride parked one minute and come back the next and it's gone?....or something got stolen?

I know everyone should have car insurance but sometimes that gets old when you always have to keep running back making claims.

What do you guy's/gals think are some of the things that "Contribute" to illegal acts towards the import/domestic car scene??..........Replys please:D

P

·
0 Posts
Dont let anything valluable show inside the car. If you have a flip-out tv for example, turn it off and before you leave make sure the screen doesnt show. If your stereo has a detachhable faceplate put it under the seat oor take it with you. Upgrade your factory alarm, to avoid break ins. To prevent your car being stolen get yourself an AutoLock. If you know your going to a bad neighborhood or youll have to leave your car somewhere for a longer period of time take another car if you have... Stay awayy from dark, hidden spots, always try to park where your car can be seen, and if you have to check on it every once in a while... Not much more you can do though unfortunatelly...

·
Big Daddy
357 Posts
i try to have a good alarm in the car. and i try not to leave anything in there that someone would get easily and i try never to leave the car in a strange place to long

·
It's been a long time...
52 Posts
Well, tap a toggle switch into your fuel pump wire. Then put the switch somewhere hard to find. Then hit the switch when you park the car. If the theives, get passed the alarm, they will have trouble starting the car with no fuel.

But I've learned that if a professional wants to steal your car, they will take it no matter what.

Alarms, clubs, kill switches, etc all help to stop the majority of theives.

And yes, never leave valuables in plain view. Keys, walets, purses, watches, glasses, clothes, bowling balls, anything that a person might see gaining value from by busting your window and taking it.

·
Probe Member
74 Posts
I'm lucky,

My Probe is either locked in the garage, or parked out the back of my offices where I can see it.

When I go out to see clients, I park in security carparks - expensive, but not as much as an Oz Probe!

I agree with what has been said already - locks and alarms only keep the honest people out.......

·
Mr. ATX Pimp - Mod.
194 Posts
Alarms are a must, because it is verrrrry easy to slim jim a PGT door open. Never leave your sun roof open (I did so once on accident). I also like the fuel cut-off idea...

·
Grand Muckety Muck
710 Posts
I usually carry a golf club and a meanicing look...people don't ever mess with my car. :evil:

The rest of the time my car is parked in easy view for me...right out in front of my work, not more than 20 feet away or is in the garage at night.

P

·
0 Posts
c-man said:
Well, tap a toggle switch into your fuel pump wire. Then put the switch somewhere hard to find. Then hit the switch when you park the car. If the theives, get passed the alarm, they will have trouble starting the car with no fuel.
Yeah, a great place for a fuel cutoff switch is under the ebrake... (Hope no thiefs are reading, cuz thats where mine is...)

But I've learned that if a professional wants to steal your car, they will take it no matter what.
[/B]

Yep, very true, thats why I always make sure theres a car parked behind the PGT in my driveway at night and for the same reason I keep a baseball bat handy at all times. However, if a pro wants it, hell steal it no matter what you do... Ive heard many many stories of pros stealing new Vettes and other even more expensive cars out of their owners garage... Not much you can do if you ever wanna sleep at night...

P

·
0 Posts
QuadCam_GT said:
Alarms are a must, because it is verrrrry easy to slim jim a PGT door open.
A friend of mine (not a thief and not a locksmith... a simple mechanic) opened my door once in like 30 seconds... Its a joke... :rolleyes:

·
Mr. ATX Pimp - Mod.
194 Posts
ProbeBandit said:

A friend of mine (not a thief and not a locksmith... a simple mechanic) opened my door once in like 30 seconds... Its a joke... :rolleyes:
yeah, I locked my keys in my car once, and it took me like 1 min to get a hanger, bend it, and pull the door lock open.

M

·
0 Posts
just keep your car locked! and hide everything thats visible and of value. i always keep my outside lights on at night in my driveway.

U

·
0 Posts
Security

I use the motion sensing lights at home depot. I got the big menacing ones that are metal. Like $65 a piece, on both sides of the garage. I use them as a distraction. When a thief sees them he worries about getting past them, not the small motion sensors that cover all avenues of approach to my car. The little sensors are about $20 a piece and are wired to 150watt lights that are 3 feet from my head when I sleep, when they go on it's like being a french fry at mcdonalds. I have to be really drunk for those not to wake me up. You have to seperate all signals from the motion sensors so you know where the intruder is. Then it's good to have one in the garage with a battery back-up. It also doesn't hurt to have a 100 pound German Shepherd, and a 9mm. The $4,000 stereo is just bait! Bring it on! As for the car alarm, set the fool up, when he goes outside to turn it off, hit him. If he dosen't come out the first time, have patientce.

M

·
0 Posts
lol! thats funny stuff.

Urmama said:
when they go on it's like being a french fry at mcdonalds. I have to be really drunk for those not to wake me up.

W

·
0 Posts
Well here is an idea , even though it might be a pain if you don't have a good set up. Everytime u walk away from the car take the ECU with u :D

1 - 20 of 24 Posts