Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
100% Speeding (when safe)
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering

no-one can probably say anything, but i thought I would ask. (all the papers say they will be made)

thanks

I would just love one. Sound good to me!!

Has anyone heard any more rumours?

we think it will have about 220kw supposedly (thats what the papers say)

·
In a blue Galaxy
5,716 Posts
they should be good for atleast 220kw. Some of you might call me crazy, but id just about opt for one over a V8 as they would have better fuel eceonmy and witha turbo theres alot of aftermarket potential like CAPA, APS and Possibly herrod too. Really looking forward to these!

·
RACE
2,950 Posts
It's a tough choice betwee a V8 and the turbo six. They'd both be worth a drive but I'd have to say that with a few simple mods the big six will be a weapon.

·
Banned
2,631 Posts
if it does happen, there will be no need for me to upgrade to a V8. if the falcon 6 gets dohc and turbo, or just dohc (turbo can be aftermarket) we're talking 250 easy kw, and with some further mods even 300! from a 4L six!

and it shouldn't cost a great deal since the parts would be readily available

·
In a blue Galaxy
5,716 Posts
Ford Man said:
What turbo six? Nothings confirmed yet..
Whatever ya reckon Ford Man. True it hasn't been confirmed, but theres been so much hype about it over the past year it has to have been a deliberate leek from Ford.

·
Banned
2,631 Posts
remember the rumours of a stroked 5.0L windsor? everyone kept saying it won't happen, it won't happen, and then it happened? hehe

same thing... DOHC and turbo look very likely, and when we asked Geoff about the turbo falcon he had that "i know something but i can't tell you" grin on his face! you were there ford man, you saw his reaction! hehe

·
Banned
2,631 Posts
oh, sure as hell they're gonna sell! anyone who's not a holden hothead and owns a VL turbo would be a potential customer. even holden fans would start converting if ford had a turbo because you can't really fiddle with superchargers, but turbo's are a whole different story.

·
Australian Falcon Member
663 Posts
jeez.. Ford would have to be stupid not to.. the Falcon Six has been with us since 1960, its had quite a few upgrades, usually every 10 years or so.. first up was the 144 six, 10 years later was the 250 six with the 2V option.. 6 years after that was the Crossflow, in 1980 we saw the Alloy Crossflow.. 9 years after that we got the OHC, I say its high time we got another camshaft, with the option of a turbocharger - or a Sprintex!

If not, then i'm gonna go for a Krogdahl head, and bung on a Sprintex myself :)

Then it'll be time to go hunting for V8s :)

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
adviliax said:
and when we asked Geoff about the turbo falcon he had that "i know something but i can't tell you" grin on his face! you were there ford man, you saw his reaction! hehe
Yep I did.. He was talking about Raptor from what I remember..
He tends to do that a lot our Uncie Geoff..

·
Evil Holden Overlord
920 Posts
how much do you think it has cost Ford to develop the 5.4 for the Falcon (let alone the current stroker)? Surely they wouldn't be that silly as to develop another motor that puts out very similar power figures?? Holden detuned their S/C V6 so as to not kill the V8 sales - whats to stop the turbo six doing the same to Ford?

And don't think they'll just bump up the power in the V8 - power doesn't get made for free ...

I also think that superchargers are just a flexible (and much more reliable) than hot turbos are ...

·
In a blue Galaxy
5,716 Posts
Hobbes the turbo 6 will probably be about 210kw or 220-230 at the most. XR8 is tipped to be around 240kw and T-sreries about 260kw. The only Turbo 6 thats going to beat those 8's will be aftermarket. It might swing a few buyers from the V8s but like alot of the people on this board, an IL6 is missing 2 cylinders.

·
Territory TS - AWD
2,374 Posts
Hey, the IL6 is fine with me:hy:

Add a blower and make it breath even better, WAAAHOOO!

Who need one of those damn V thingees.

·
Australian Probe Member
841 Posts
It will be interesting to compare the Power to Weight ration once the Alloy V8 hits town in the Falcon, particular in relation to any 'hotted' I6 work.

·
Poor IT guy
506 Posts
Hobbes said:
Holden detuned their S/C V6 so as to not kill the V8 sales - whats to stop the turbo six doing the same to Ford?
Holden didn't detune the s/c V6, they understated it's power output. If it was detuned it wouldn't be quicker then the V8 was.

·
Tickford Ruled; FPV Rocks
1,457 Posts
If there is a 210-220 kw XR6 Turbo (and I think there will be), insurance for it is already giving me nightmares. Mention 'Turbo' to an insurance company and you can hear the foot drop on the other line!

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
Hmmm turbo 4.0L inline 6 or V8 aaaaaaaaaaaah decisions decisions.

I reckon a turbo charged 6 would be great, aftermarket upgrades here we come.

Actually don't mind the sound of a heavy breathing turbo noise. :s2: :s2:

·
Australian Falcon Member
663 Posts
Hobbes said:
how much do you think it has cost Ford to develop the 5.4 for the Falcon (let alone the current stroker)? Surely they wouldn't be that silly as to develop another motor that puts out very similar power figures?? Holden detuned their S/C V6 so as to not kill the V8 sales - whats to stop the turbo six doing the same to Ford?

And don't think they'll just bump up the power in the V8 - power doesn't get made for free ...

I also think that superchargers are just a flexible (and much more reliable) than hot turbos are ...
Hobbes, youre forgetting the torque that V8s put out. Sure you can boost a six to a higher capacity, but youre missing out on the extra two cylinders firing to create the extra torque on the crank. And besides, lots of people buy V8s for the sound, not just the power alone. I would have no problems having a supercharged inline six, in fact I would be proud to have one, since I would be able to boast that I cream V8s, and get low fuel consumption at the same time :)

ever hear of Clifford Performance?
6 = 8 ;)

1 - 20 of 42 Posts