Ford Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, at the time I bought them I got the largest capacity engine crane and engine stand available at the low price end but I just wonder if anyone knows:

a) How much a 3.9 and 4 Litre MPEFI motor and accesssories weighs.

b) How much a 5 Litre SEFI engine and accessories weighs.

c) How much a four speed BTR gearbox weighs.

Can't Find an answer in any of the workshop manuals but perhaps I'm looking in the wrong place.

·
Australian Ford Member
1,120 Posts
As you can't get specific figures this might help a bit. When I was going to pull 4.1 out of my XF I wanted to be sure I had enough lift and I'm pretty sure that the bare engine (i.e. without accessories) was around 185kg or a touch over 400lb. I can't remember where I got the figure from, but all I had was the factory manual. Have you looked in the specs at the end of the engine section in the factory manual? Only other place I can think of is general stuff in first few pages of manual.

·
Super Moderator
3,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Found some of it in the Ford Factory Manual near the Torque Specs at the rear of the engine section:

3.2 Litre 174 Kg
3.9 Litre 180 kg
4.0 Litre 182 kg

These are with oil but no flywheel or ancillary equipment.

V8 weight still unknown. Gearbox weight still unknown.

·
Super Moderator
3,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Kieron Murphy on the Ford Falcon Newsgroup suggests the V8 weighs around 210 kgm. Any bid on the gearbox? Feels around 90kgm to me; maybe I should pick one up and jump on the bathroom scales.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts