Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Village Idiot
2,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering how long people spend dpoing it.

I take friggen ages. dunno if im doing something wronge, or im just slow.

So how long do u take?
Or how long do u think it should take?

·
More horsepower required
612 Posts
Waxing by hand alwyas takes a while , but it gives the best result in the end . I usually do it once every 3 months , and it makes washing so much easier after its applied .

·
Officially Bored with 347
3,584 Posts
About the time it takes to watch a movie... I pay someone to do mine professionally!!

·
XR82GO
1,539 Posts
Depends if I am just doing a wax maybe about 2hrs.
But if I am doing it propally eg:
1) Paint cleaner
2) Polish
3) Wax

Then maybe about 5 or 6 hours. It doesn't really bother me that much I kinda like it. Usually get a couple of my mates to come around and help out though. It's as good a excuse as any to have some beers and talk some nonscence.

·
E-Series wagon owner
1,929 Posts
i take about 3 hours cause i wash the car use turtle wax colour cure and then wash it again and use eagle one wax as you dry

·
XR8 Mad
244 Posts
Don't rub the stuff in too hard....lightly does it and don't rub it off too hard either....you will just take off what you put on.

·
Two SC 61's = trouble
6,360 Posts
About a six pack cool days and atleast a doz in hot weather.. Rum & coke...

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Clear coat prep 3 hours

·
Village Idiot
2,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I take a few hours for wash n wax. Polishing, and cutting if required is a whole other storey. Lasted 3 days once (not all day everyday).

My mate ganked soem detailing stuff from his work for me. Wax remover works great as a engine detailer! :)

I might go take out some of the council sprinklers soon....

·
Falcontastic.
6,039 Posts
It take's me a good couple of hr's, to wax, but if I'm using the paint cleaner,polish and then wax, well a good day at a moderate pace, see's me in.

·
Registered
540 Posts
It used to take me 2 days (about 15hrs) to do my EL xr. That was to paint clean, polish and wax normally 2 coats of wax. It just depends on how fussy you want to be.

·
boosted sleeper
4,560 Posts
Usually when I wash and polish it, I take up to 4 hours.

When I just wash it, I take about an hour.

Theres nothing wrong with taking your time, as long as you do a thorough job.

·
Blue Blood
1,375 Posts
About 5 hours when I can be bothered... unfortunately i'm currently living in an apartment so I haven't done it for a while because there is no spot to do it in the shade.

·
BOFH
7,560 Posts
Dark_Horse said:
:AAHHH: About 6 hours, and then maybe a couple of hours the following day if I miss anything (which is what usually happens). :AAHHH:
And considering you do it 3 times a week............ :wnc:

·
If Only I Had Lexus Power
827 Posts
4-6 hours once i have washed, paint cleaner, scratch x,polished it

·
formerly sikEA
2,142 Posts
Dont know

Never done it lol.

But im sure I'll have to make it a priority when i get to sydney, 4 days off at a time means im not going to know what to do with myself

thats if im allowed the water to wash my car

·
YES its a 5 Speed!!
2,242 Posts
did mine today.... 10... finished at 1 so 3 hrs.... not too bad i guess, looks grouse!!! :hy:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts