Ford Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 03 EXPEDITION XLT with the 5.4 V8 I am wondering if it is 4 or 2 catalytic converters that are on it?? I am new to the forum world. Thanks for the info

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank-you very much...is there anyway it can be verified?? I'm not an expert at cats and it has two smaller V ones in from of them, not sure if they are cats or not??

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Automotive exhaust Auto part Exhaust system Catalytic converter Muffler
Should look similar to this. But when looking for the image saw a lot of them with 4. Realized it's going to depend what emissions package yours has. Never seen one but California emissions may have different cats. Never paid enough attention to know if they are 49 states emissions or not.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you I most definitely has something ahead of the cats they may be called prewarmers or something like that. Really appreciate the info

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 03 EXPEDITION XLT with the 5.4 V8 I am wondering if it is 4 or 2 catalytic converters that are on it?? I am new to the forum world. Thanks for the info
I believe all the 1997 to 2004 have the 4 cats anything after 05 I do believe have the 2 cats

1 - 7 of 7 Posts