Ford Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own an EL V8 as most of you know and it's just done 150,000. It has been regularly serviced and hardly thrashed. I am keen to start modifying it but I want to make sure the motor will be able to handle it. Should I rebuild the motor and start fresh or will it be ok as is. Btw I only plan to do mild mods such as free up the intake and maybe a cam package etc. Thanks guys.

·
When 2 T3s are not enough
1,934 Posts
If the motor isn't burning oil and is still running sweet you'll have no worries at all, those old 5 lts go forever if looked after, just look at compression if its ok then go for it! lets know how it goes......

·
No longer around
4,882 Posts
mate, seriously, your car is a baby.

im just starting to mod my NC V8, with all 280,000 on the clock :p
its still putting out factory power on the dyno so why not :angel:

surely something will go awry sometime down the track, and when that happens a full rebuild is def gonna happen.....but at least ill have a shiteload of go fast bits already so the reco shouldnt cost a motza.

just mod it till it dies, then stroker rebuild :angel: :angel:

·
Two SC 61's = trouble
6,360 Posts
Guys in the states turbo charge their 5 ltr mustangs with over 150.000 miles..
Do the mods, then when time arives overhaul engine..You may never have to !!

·
CEO - The BSR Group
4,400 Posts
Mine is almost up to 150,000km and it is running better than ever with the last set of mods I put in. Seems it's getting better with age!

·
boosted sleeper
4,560 Posts
Mines coming up for 180,000k's and is still going strong. Not worrying about a rebuild unless it either blows excessive smoke or something decides to break. At the moment its sweet and Im not into burnouts or thrashing. :1poke:

·
In a blue Galaxy
5,716 Posts
I have an AU1 XR8 that's just clocked 160km and its going bloody hard. No signs of age, it's free as ever, and going as hard as ever. It's stock at the moment and I plan to do mods to it. I have alloy heads in the pipeline and a nice cam set up in the works. When/if it goes kaboom I'm geting a stroker kit.

·
AUPS Member
658 Posts
my cars done 168,000 and it still drives like its brand new, if you look after these motors like mine has been they go forever!!!

·
boosted sleeper
4,560 Posts
too true, cheahman! :hy:

·
AUPS Member
658 Posts
damm right fords are built tough!!!!

The EA i had before the XR8 had done over 300,000 and was still going strong, thats until the person i sold it to wrote it off :neverlear: I loved that car!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts