Ford Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Formally Thomas
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Im considering doing the heads on the car in the future and also a cam package too. Im just curious as to how much the 19lb inj can take? Will they need to be replaced? Also, how strong is the BTR auto box beofre it too needs to be strengthend

·
a vile merchant
714 Posts
I've actually seen some pretty nice windsors still running the 19lb's, even a 347 stroker. With an adjustable fuel pressure reg they should be enough for a heads/cam. What heads are you planning on?

·
Formally Thomas
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
PigDog said:
I've actually seen some pretty nice windsors still running the 19lb's, even a 347 stroker. With an adjustable fuel pressure reg they should be enough for a heads/cam. What heads are you planning on?
Depends on prices and how cheap i can get the heads. Mite just settle for GT40P's. Have ya fitted that explorer intake on your EF yet mate?

·
a vile merchant
714 Posts
Thomas said:
Depends on prices and how cheap i can get the heads. Mite just settle for GT40P's. Have ya fitted that explorer intake on your EF yet mate?
Not yet. I'm actually considering selling it now. Those trickflow intakes look like good value and should work pretty good with some GT40P's and 1.7RR's.

·
345kw of V8 Windsor Power
2,784 Posts
The most I have seen with 19lb is 190rwkw, but you need an adjustable fuel pressure regulator for power above about 130-140rwkw.

PigDog, IMO you will probably end up loosing some overall power going for the trickflow over the explorer. The Trickflow will give you more peak power but you will loose a fair bit of low down power. Unless you are going to do some serious mods where the flow of the trickflow is needed, stick with the explorer and put the money into some other mod.

·
a vile merchant
714 Posts
EDXR8 said:
PigDog, IMO you will probably end up loosing some overall power going for the trickflow over the explorer. The Trickflow will give you more peak power but you will loose a fair bit of low down power. Unless you are going to do some serious mods where the flow of the trickflow is needed, stick with the explorer and put the money into some other mod.
You may be right, I'll have to look into it a bit further. I'm mainly interested in what will give me the best quarter mile time. With the 3.73 diff it doesn't spend tooo much time down low so I was thinking I might get away with it.

·
Formally Thomas
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
PigDog said:
You may be right, I'll have to look into it a bit further. I'm mainly interested in what will give me the best quarter mile time. With the 3.73 diff it doesn't spend tooo much time down low so I was thinking I might get away with it.
Hey Pigdog because ya already got the intake id stick with it. As EDXR8 said the Trickflows arent needed unless you plan something serious and its gonna cost you heaps. Do the intake and whack a set of RR and heads and you should crack into the 14s. Your car was doing pretty good at Heathcote for the mods your done. Hae you ever dynoed it at all?

·
a vile merchant
714 Posts
Yea there's too many different options and different ways to spend money! You are right tho I have the intake and I probably should just whack it on with some R/R's. Hey were you in on the underdrive pullies? If you weren't I recommend them!

·
Formally Thomas
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
PigDog said:
Yea there's too many different options and different ways to spend money! You are right tho I have the intake and I probably should just whack it on with some R/R's. Hey were you in on the underdrive pullies? If you weren't I recommend them!
Nah i wasnt in on the pulies. Did you get em done huh. They any good? Did you notice a gain? How the cooling of the car now and also the charging?
Ive got to get my MAF done first but im having trouble with an Adaptor as ive got a mustnagt cobra MAF too.,

·
a vile merchant
714 Posts
Yeah the pullies are great. The temperature has been fine and unless I sit and idle for 10 minutes with my high beams on the charging is fine too. Ther's a definate gain and I reckon they'll be worth at least a tenth, maybe more. As well as the top end gain they make the car much more responsive.

That cobra MAF is a lot bigger than stock so you might want to get your a/f ratio checked when you do it. If you flow enough to top out the maf voltage it'll stop adding more fuel for the extra air and begin to lean out. I was gonna keep that till later when I get around to a unichip.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts