Ford Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes, i just bought it. only 225 hp hmm? do you have any suggestions on how to get some cheap horsepower? im thinking of going with underdrive pullies as i hear they are cheap and add about 20 hp. do you guys know of anything else? oh i also have a k +n air filter and flowmasters. i dont know how much hp they add, if any

·
Administrator
5,211 Posts
Sounds like you have already made a good start.Exhaust ,air intake and underdrive pullies.There is a lot of stuff out there for the 5.0. I guess it depends on your budget as well.There are quite a few modded stangs here and I'm certain some of these people could tell you which mods were worthwhile for you.There is a" list your mods" thread from a few days ago that give a few ideas. Come on everyone which are the best mods to do. Do you have any pic's of your ride lethstang.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A good 87 - 93 'stang will pull about 205 to 210 RWHP with only headers and exhaust mods.

I'd recommend going with suspension mods before you start adding more power to the car. I have a 1989 hatchback, and it was running 13.5's with the stock engine. At that time it had a T-5, steeda upper and lower control arms, tokico 5 way adjustable drag struts and shocks, sub frame connectors, and a detroit locker with 3.73's, MAC equal length shorties, and a 2.5" catback system along with an off road 'h' pipe.

Once you get the suspension set up so it can handle the power without jumping around or flexing you can start in on the engine. The HO 5.0's are about the easiest engines out there to work on when it comes to adding additional horsepower. Not difficult at all to get at least 300 RWHP, N/A..

·
Probe Owner
475 Posts
stock.. i would say 190 whp.. at flywheel like 225.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts