Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Ford Fan from way back...
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how much oil my BA GT will require, I have it going in for the 3000k service and they dont change your oil, so I am taking my own synthetic and asking for an oil change, how much do I need?
regards
Zak

·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmmm crazy, why do they sell oil in 5lt containers? would you think they would sell them in what cars require?
Zak

·
The SB Slayer
1,542 Posts
6.2 litres

·
Banned
46 Posts
Zakk said:
Does anyone know how much oil my BA GT will require, I have it going in for the 3000k service and they dont change your oil, so I am taking my own synthetic and asking for an oil change, how much do I need?
regards
Zak

Mate, I just had my XR8 in for its 3000K service this week, and they changed the oil and filter without any problems. Of course, I paid for that, but what the hell...$85 bucks well spent I say.

They even asked me if I wanted them to use Mobil 1...tho they didn't recommend it until the 15000K service. I stuck with normal oil, especially since I recall reading about this on the forum. If memory serves, I think someone spoke to an engineer at FPV and they didn't recommend Mobil 1 until the engines are nicely "run in" also.

Anyway, find another dealer that will do what you want them too.

J.

·
Rip Up The Track Join OFR
6,021 Posts
Zakk said:
regards
Zak
all your oil specifications and quantity’s are in your service book, some interesting reading in there, like my spark plugs get changed at 150,000klm don’t think I will own it then....

·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Guys,I wasnt anywhere near my service book and the web is so handy,
Zak

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
What state are you from ? Zakk and tell us about your BA GT what color ,options etc.
Cheers John

·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Qld, Brisbane Nrth Side
Silhouette
FPV Steering Wheel
Mats
Premium Sound
Darkest Legal Tint
No Bra Straps (stripes) too fat and chunky for my liking but each to their own.
No Mods (possibly some in the future once I run her in) 2800k on the clock.
Black and Mean, Man she pulls the looks
Zak

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Must look mean and im sure that you get the looks as with all the GTs.i know its a bit of the topic but so what.
Cheers John

·
Registered
610 Posts
Zakk said:
regards
Zak
Just of interest have you pulled your dipstick and checked your level. If not and its down to the add mark, dont be suprised. If thats the case, you might wait a bit to do an oil change as it could use alot more yet. If ist still at the top, change the oil. Mine has done 7700k and has had about 5lts put into so far.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Noticed on oil filler cap Ford now use Castrol........$85.00 for 5 lts.........ouch!!!

Have used about 400mls (1300kms), seems to be normal.

Will take advice and wait until oil comsumption stops before changing oil, at this price I'll be treating it like a good single malt scotch.....don't waste a drop! :)

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
My oil filler cap says Mobil,thats before they have changed to Caltex.

·
Registered
282 Posts
GTP 320 said:
My oil filler cap says Mobil,thats before they have changed to Caltex.
Caltex???......my filler cap says Castrol. Ford are not......................oil whores are they?? :AAHHH:

·
Registered
610 Posts
manfromaus said:
If you speak to FPV they rather you only put in what oil is listed on your filler cap.
manfromaus
Yep thats true, but it doesnt matter, you can use mobil 1 or castrol r, they are both the same grade and they mix ok. My car has been topped up with mobil since day one, and my dealership is not concerned, as they dont stock the castrol oil. The only issue here is politics, not the grade of oil.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts