Ford Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
European Member
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been changing oil every 15000 through Ford (its free) and know i'm going to do it myself every 10k(I've only done 30K). What's the best oil to use and is 15k simply a cost cutting exercise by Ford?

G

·
The best way to keep your motor in its best condition is to change the oil as much as posible. Every 3 months OR 5000km will keep your motor clean inside and will cause less wear of the moving parts.
The brand of oil doesnt really matter, but the more u pay the better it is.
For the ford motors the best oil to use would be a 20W-50 oil (except for the AU 6 cylinders which need a really thin oil)

·
Banned
2,631 Posts
EEK!

no, no... 15000 kay intervals are just evil! i drove an AU2 forte with 27000 kays on the clock and i swear that thing sounded just ILL!!! i've been changing oil every 5000 since 10,000 kays!

·
European Member
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers I thought as much. I should've mentioned it was an AU2 xr6. I was going to use Mobil 1. Whaddya reckon.

G

·
I've just started using Mobil 1 and it seems to be a bit more effective in sorting out my "wandering" oil pressure guage. I think I'll stick with it, we'll see how it goes over the next 5,000k's..

·
NSW TICKFORD OWNERS CLUB
324 Posts
Ive always been a Shell Helix Ultra fan, whats the consensus here of that, especially against Mobil 1 and the the new Mobil Sport S Synth (or something like that) its the one that costs $70 for 5L.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts