8 Ford Fairmont EF 1994-96 105 69
9 Holden Commodore VP 1992-93 103 61
10 Holden VS Ute 1995-2001 93 41

Ahhh

Something seriously wrong here!

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
Hmmm i hope my baby don't get nicked :( :( :( :( :( I am tounchin wood.

·
Old Car:BA XR6 New: 97 EL
1,031 Posts
please explain.. I thought the AU Falcon was "UN-STEAL-ABLE"

How can they bypass smartsheild?

I know it can be done on the EFL/EL quite easily..

·
Interloper from LS1.com
768 Posts
jaytyn said:
please explain.. I thought the AU Falcon was "UN-STEAL-ABLE"

How can they bypass smartsheild?

I know it can be done on the EFL/EL quite easily..
Just like the VT Commodore is supposed to be unstealable.

One of the guys on LS1 had his R8 deadlocked and still came back to find it missing Wheels and interior.

·
Old Car:BA XR6 New: 97 EL
1,031 Posts
Please explain this deadlock function?

Unless the AU falcon stealing figures are from people actually removing the vehicles by other means than driving them away??

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
deadlock disables the internal door handles so once you get inside be smashing a window say you still aren't meant to be able to open the door.

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
HSE2 said:
deadlock disables the internal door handles so once you get inside be smashing a window say you still aren't meant to be able to open the door.
Well i actually done a test in my car, i locked my self inside the car with the remote, and pulled the inside door handle to get out, and guess what the whole car unlockefd it self. I guess with any car theres no need to make a deadlock as you ca get in someway, but the imobiliser is the one that counts, as they can't start it or hot wire the thing.

·
2,153 Posts
What if you enable the child locks on the rear doors that way the car is half deadlocked...

With the R8, I remember reading on LS1 that HSV replaced everything that was stolen. Was it a faulty deadlock on his car or did they find a way around it?

·
Interloper from LS1.com
768 Posts
Deadlocking on the VT prevents them being unlocked by pulling the knob up.

Not sure what prob was with the R8, but HSV quite interested to look at it.

·
Future XR Owner
2,245 Posts
There is always a way to get around these so called "un-stealable" cars. When one of my mates was working with holden, he told me there is a way to unlock the commodore and just drive away.. :eek: Ofcourse I have forgotten..

·
Read Only
1,395 Posts
Geez, you have to be worried when you see articles like this.:eek: These car theives must be getting around with laptops on 'em or something.
Like jaytyn said, it wasn't long ago that the Falcon was supposed to be "unstealable". Even to the point that when some started getting flogged, the owner was the main suspect!
Russell.

·
Crazed Cone Chaser
2,524 Posts
You would have to think that if cars really were UNSTEALABLE, then your insurance premiums wouldn't change with your location, but I guarantee that they woudl still up your pemiums if you lived in a bad area.

Cars will never be unstealable.
Hackers can still hack, theives can still steal and new viruses are written everyday.

Thats my 1.82c

1 - 14 of 14 Posts