Ford Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Just wanted to know how much power a T5 manual could handle. I'm hoping to do a project next year & I want between 500-600hp. Do you think this is to much for a T5.
Any help appreciated.
Steve

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Possibly twin turbo on a new car. Still not sure what to do with mine. Just dosen't go fast enough. Need to get high 10s or low 11s, but it wont happen with mine.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Auto is the only way to go with that power and the times you want..

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
You dont need an Auto for reliable 10 or 11 sec 1/4s, theres plenty of LS1 powered Corvettes/Camaros/Trans Ams running those times in the US with a standard 6 speed T56 gearbox...

Laminge on Ford Forums.com recently did a T56 conversion to his Supercharged 330Kw AU XR8 and all up it cost him $8k or something.

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
And as for Auto, the only option youve got is a 3speed C4 or a strengthend AOD from the US.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes exactly depends on how much money you want to throw at it.Auto still the best for drags "bang for buck",reliable.I don't like auto;s myself for street,but for drags 600 h,p auto.. unfortunatly

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This subject has been bought up on many forums in f/f but www.corral.net is on that subject right now 14/10/01 21.00 Hope this helps...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts