Status
Not open for further replies.
61 - 80 of 101 Posts

·
XD V8 Owner
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
DansEdgli said:
He said i have to ditch my Air con in the XF. He is modding the heater pipes with an s bend. Do the XE v8's come with air con??

Thanks
Dan
XEs surely do come with air cond, just most people remove 'em for extra grunt, because they look shite and/or because of over heating problems when air cond is enabled.

As for ditching your air cond, he may be modifying the heater hoses to come out of the air cond hole, ive seen this done before.

Cheers

·
Munch Munch Rice 4 Lunch
594 Posts
is there any reason why you couldn't get a late model windsor engine, and turn it into a Boss motor, fitting the 302 cleveland heads? is it worthwhile or do the standard windsor heads flow better anyway?

·
###AND EDGT DRIVER###
713 Posts
not worth the hasle, theres better after market heads now and the the stock you can gain a bit by modifing exhaust port but the intake will be a nother problem if your want to keep efi, carby bit easyer.

·
Finnaly back
1,124 Posts
DansEdgli said:
I should have replied earlier. I was originally looking at a windsor for ease of fitting.
I went back to just falcons and they didnt have a windsor in stock so we went to a few places and had no luck. We went to our mechanic and he told me to get a clevo and he would put it in without modifying the firewall or he would do it for free.
I went back to just falcons and paid $1300 for a 351 clevo, C4, 3 core reco radiator and everything else needed to convert to an 8. My mechanic is installing it for $500. I dropped off my car and should have it by the end of next week.

Thanks
Dan
I'd make sure you get some sort of warrenty Dan, after hearing some stories on these boards lately, other than that, sounds like a good price.

·
Chasing 500rwkw
3,176 Posts
Got a 3 month warranty on the engine and trans.
I went there today and they just started on the car yesterday but wouldnt give me a definate finish date.

Im dying from anticipation.

·
Munch Munch Rice 4 Lunch
594 Posts
well EFI would definately be nice but since i'm a bit of a tight arse i'll end up using a carbie, hmmm twin 465 sounds like a possibility, what do u guys reckon?

·
Lamborghini smamborgini
40 Posts
psycho chicken said:
Now that seems like a much better option. I think the pros of a stroked out 302w outweigh those of a 351c hand down.

Not nessercerily, Mmmmm 351 stroker mmmm, but... its not exactly cheap. you would be going to find a worthy set of pistons for under $800 not to mention your roddies.

·
PooheyThomo
14 Posts
when i put the 351 cleveland into my xf, all i did was pull out the dash, use a EB heater core (it has longer more angled hoses) and then got those hoses modified to come out more to the side of the block, then it was just a case of putting the engine in with standard XD v8 mounts and pedestals onto the crossmember. as for the case of the fan, just use el twin thermo fans witha 2 stage thermo switch into the radiator.
but with all the mucking around with the mod's, engineers reports and police,EPA...id advise to just buy a XD-XE 351 for a fraction of the price and use xf sheetmetal....

·
Andy the Ambo
39 Posts
Hi whats the best V8 to drop into an XF Ghia, i picked the car up at a desceased estate excellent interior, motor, box n exterior r poo so as i paid $100 for the thing i wanna have this as my project car n do up.

Any good ideas on a V8 or anything post Eb is fine ?

·
Andy the Ambo
39 Posts
haha stupid me didnt read the whole thread managed to get ideas n hints from most posts:S i got most my ideas anyways....first time ive done a conversion on a ford so yer a new step for me.

Thanks

·
###AND EDGT DRIVER###
713 Posts
terror ford said:
what is the best a 351w or 302 to fit in a 1996 xh ute

go the 5lt eb-el the 351 windsor only came in the f100`s the intakes might not fit under the bonnet for starters.

personly think inless your doing the conversion your self its going to be cheaper selling yours and buying a xh 5lt its going to be costly.

·
Registered
317 Posts
terror ford said:
i have been told that a 351w will fit in my 1916 xh ute it will also be running efi only have to get v8 engine mounts and croos member
The difference there is that the XH already came with a Windsor engine, did it not? which to my knowledge has the same block as the 351W... if the Xh didn't come with a V8, then its sedan versions EF-EL certainly did and they were using a Windsor block

·
Registered
33 Posts
got to get in on this aswell i have a 85 xf with a 351c and 4 spd from an xc gxl i brought. I used the xc engine mounts and extractors so the only thing i had to buy was a longer excelerator cable stripped the dash back to the firewall and relocated the heater to the a/c. No mods to the firewall and no clearance problems has been registered in the A.C.T. and about to be registered in S.A because of move. cant understand it when people say that u cant do it without mods was dead easy and only took two days from start to great.

·
Registered
53 Posts
hi,
i'm in the ACT and am going to put a clevo into my xf ute.
did you have yours on gas when you registered it? or are you running petrol?
also, what was the process to get it registered..

cheers

frank

61 - 80 of 101 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.