Ford Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1998 Ford Taurus SE,Can anybody teach me where is the "fuel filter" and how to change it and when should i change it?Thanks!

·
BA'o'Matic 100% working.
3,838 Posts
TRace the fuel line under the car till you find a big thing along the line, it should be metal, that will be fuel filter, as to when to replace no idea, every 10 years maybe.

·
Registered
8 Posts
10 YEARS!!????!!! :AAHHH: Try the SAME interval as you should replace your air filter. It should be every 30,000 miles. Sooner if your drive in dirt, or dusty enviroments.
If you use cheap gas, Regular Unleaded, I replace mine every 20,000 miles. Its a good idea to replace sooner when using Regualr unleaded because more dirt and debris gets into the gas tanks at stations because they are needed to be filled much more frequently than the Supreme.
So Replace it ATLEAST every 30,000 miles, or 3 years, which ever comes first!

Wesley M.
[email protected]

·
Sho'n Off
127 Posts
Its in the rear of the car on the passenger side.

Funny you mention 10 years.....I just changed the fuel filter on my 93 Ranger that my dad bought brand new. Lets just say the filter on there was the original one. Boy she sure does get better gas milage now and has a little get em up and go low end. hehe

·
Registered
3 Posts
10 years, Not sure I would let it go that long...better change it than be standing on the side of the interstate waiting for AAA.

Paramedic- Not a fire fighter

1 - 7 of 7 Posts