Ford Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone, just went and bought some lights and i dont want to use the switch and all the wiring that they have given me. can i just splice into the wires just before the orignal lights and connect them there?????

graham

·
Registered
140 Posts
not quite u can use where u were going to splice as a tiiger for a relay putting in a fuse for eace light is also a good idea

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
makes sense now.......what do you need the relay for?

·
No longer around
4,882 Posts
for teh same reason all your other headlight globes have relays.

so oyur not running that much power through all the wires and switch etc.

what it does is take power directly from ya battery and pump it to the lights, in the shortest past possible. that way youre not running full power up to the switch then back to the lights

well, thats basically it

·
Super Moderator
3,722 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
dont want them now to much trouble.......anyone want to buy some driving lights?? hehe

·
No longer around
4,882 Posts
dude
rather than piss off ya lights
go to somewhere like autobarn, etc. and ask for a driving light wiring kit.

they have 2 types from memory - ive tried both.

the $18 one is useless coz for some reason just keeps blowing relays - dont ask me why, i even had it at a couple of auto elec's who were also stumped.

but teh one thats like 35 bucks is well worth the money. plenty of good wire, good quality (i think narva) relay and switch.
its piss simple to install. red wire to positive, black wire to vehicle body and then the other end to the globes, and the switch inside the car.

simple

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
already got rid of them.......going to wait till i get a xr front to put lights in...thanks for the help and to waste your time.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Its not really that hard to do espcially if you have something to follow.

On that subject does anyone know if the EF fairmont ghia has plugs all set up for the turning lamps? as i just have them on the acc thu a realy then a switch

·
E-Series wagon owner
1,929 Posts
i put driving lamps into my ea and they were easy to install i just used the wiring that came with it and am gonna cut of the switch and join it to my light switch (later on)

·
do YOU have rubber?
2,357 Posts
94EF_Ghia said:
Its not really that hard to do espcially if you have something to follow.

On that subject does anyone know if the EF fairmont ghia has plugs all set up for the turning lamps? as i just have them on the acc thu a realy then a switch
Go to www.fordmods.com there is a tutorial on installing the NF/NL cornering lamps. By the way, may I ask how much you paid for them? Did you get them from ford?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts