Ford Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Doing Fieldwork
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at an XR6 XG tomorrow and I just wanted to know if any of the tags is meant to say anything special or if there is like a tell tale component or something to look for to guarantee it is the real deal. It is a polynesian, 5spd, with 10 stack CD (dunno if factory?), and unsure of any other options.

·
BOFH
7,560 Posts
look at the compliance plates. Then check the codes with the chassis number, engine number etc. If you need call up Ford and ask them to check it on the computer.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
umm, well have a look in the engine bay, and on the HEAD there should be a tickford T just under the rocker cover..... should stand out like dogs balls.......

and it should have the front XR Lights, mags n shit, just the usual stuff

·
BOFH
7,560 Posts
OED666 said:
umm, well have a look in the engine bay, and on the HEAD there should be a tickford T just under the rocker cover..... should stand out like dogs balls.......

and it should have the front XR Lights, mags n shit, just the usual stuff
yeah, problem is that sort of stuff is cosmetic and easily copied onto a base falcon. The only way to be sure is to trace the numbers.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
yea very true, i thought of that when i posted b4. you are rite, the only way to truely check is get the some info on the car and ring up Ford

·
Doing Fieldwork
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys.

Casper, which part of Ford should I ring? Is there a dept that deals with these sort of questions? Or do I just ring a ford dealership?

·
Donkey Kong yay
142 Posts
ye on the compliance plate engine should be coded X

·
Australian ED XR6 Member
569 Posts
Check to make sure the Engine number / VIN / & compliance plates all match up
Then try yer local Ford service section, The Ford Discovery Centre, Yer local Tickford Owners Club, or even post details here & I'm sure you'll soon know what you're looking at (Main info you'll need off the plates will be model number & engine code,other bits that could be of interest also would be paint code, trim code )

·
Fast but not Furious
44 Posts
you could do all that calling around...or just go for a run against a genuine one.. lol
that sounds like more fun..
good luck mate.. i hope yours is the propa-thing..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts