Ford Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Ive got an AU and im just wondering if your could give me some step by steps to build up my car into an xr and ss eater? Im on ok money but by no means to i have cash coming out of the wazoo and mods will be done spread out when i can afford them. i really wanna be able to blow away those guys in their ss's who look down their noses at me:) Yeah so if anyone can give me a run down of what mods in what order to get the best out of it id really appreciate it! thanks guys

·
Registered
309 Posts
i think that combination will blow away more than SS's :afro:

·
Teh Pimp
311 Posts
Depends on if you want to stay N/A or go forced induction. Installing a S/C will probably be the cheapest option in the long run and you will definitely be able to kill an SS easily...

If you want to go N/A (like I am), the first things to do are intake/extractors/exhaust (which you have done). After that, you could look at a cam (not really necessary) and some roller rockers but I am not sure if your car came with 1.7s. To get better acceleration, install a better diff ratio like 3.7:1 or if you dare, 3.9:1.

After that, it probably gets a bit more expensive as you can port the heads, get new ones, get a new intake manifold, bigger MAF, bigger TB. It all depends on how much you have...

·
no tire smoke no fun!
458 Posts
save up for a C.A.P.A upgrade and a shiftkit, lower your car and debage it once you put all the goodies in it

·
Birth, Drift, Death...
3,039 Posts
are we talking an I6 here or a V8? i assume its a 6?

get a turbo fitted - more power per $$$ than a capa kit if you know the right people and shop around, check out performanceforums.com in the for sale section, there are usually turbos floating about there - PM 6BOOST as well, he does heaps of cool stuff with psi and falcon 6s, enlarges injectors etc - his car has been in zoom mag.

with the right turbo you wont have to worry about diffs and converters and stuff - apart from getting an LSD - because you will have hp coming out of your ears :D

though if its an 8 go the supercharger - less plumbing!

·
Banned
3,104 Posts
The car should already be pretty good against auto SS, I know mine'll kill 'em :evillol:
Personally - you've done the exhaust, next step is a diff change, followed by a manual gearbox. Same fuel economy, vastly better acceleration.
Then put a blower on it, after it's got the potential to really use it :) That's me anyway, if you're paying somebody to do the work, a blower might be the cheaper option.

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
there is a very long thread about a certain blue AU 6 pack with a little help from a hair dryer that you should check out. Forced induction is the most cost effective way of getting power.

·
XR82GO
1,539 Posts
The owner of that particular car is HOTDBZ well he is definately one of them anyways..
And what a sweet car it is. Here is a sneak peak of his car.

Now this is the XR6-T Ford should have built in the AU series.

Talk about drool factor. Damm I love this XR6.

NOW THATS A SS KILLER and a clubsport killer and a Gts killer and a and a and a etc etc etc/ :wnc: :wnc: :wnc: :wnc: :wnc: :wnc: :wnc: :wnc: :wnc:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts