Ford Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Tickford Ruled; FPV Rocks
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy everyone!

As a long time reader I thought it was about time that I join up and begin contributing to the best forum I've seen on the web. First off, I'm 22 and my family has an AU1 XR6HP (Galaxy Blue) which we all love- it's nearly three years old with about 12500 k's on the clock (we have other cars u guys wouldn't be interested in knowing about for mundane stuff) cos the XR only comes out on special occasions (like club runs)! I'm a member of the XR8 and XR6 Club of Victoria (laminge should know who I am) and I worship the Blue Oval product (especially when there's a Tickford wing attached to it!) My first car was an XW Fairmont (which I still have) that my old man bought new in '69. I'll try and post some pics of the XW and the XR6 in the showroom soon. That's enough from me, hope to meet some of you guys down in sunny Melbourne in October. Take it easy.

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
Wazzzzup!:D

Give us some details on you XW, is it stock? 6 or 8? How many kms etc?

Also welcome aboard!

·
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey, thanks for the welcome guys, much appreciated. Martin, my XW Fairmont is pretty much a stock 3.6L (a massive 221 cubes!). We lowered it 2 inches in the rear (properly, of course). It's a column shift auto. It was originally diamond white. We resprayed it zircon green and put on some ROH 12 slots and Bridgestone Eagers, so it's a bit of all show and no go at the moment. But I have major plans for the XW in the future. Briefly, I'm gonna chuck the 6 out, put in an 8 (a mildly worked 302W to take care of the go factor), put in a manual gearbox (four on the floor), paint her silver fox and add the orange GS stripes. I might also lower it in the front if it still sits high after the 302 goes in. I also want to gets the chrome GS wheel covers and skinny old fashioned style Pirellis, then get the red stripe around the tyres (like the Dunlop Aquajets had back then). I am aiming for the completely stock Fairmont GS look, as if it came out of the factory fully optioned up that way back in '69. It's a very long term plan; when I get a career established (im at uni) it's gonna happen. We've kept the XW (unregistered, but with original plates) so its in the garage waiting for the action to begin. Did I also mention that I want to get myself An AUII XR8 5 speed some time down the track as well? To much good Ford product out there, not enough dough!

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
Hi HP Dude,

Good to have you on board mate..

·
In a blue Galaxy
5,716 Posts
G'day cobber. Welcome aboard mate;)

·
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi guys, just wanted to say a big thanks again for the top welcome! BTW Martin, I forget to mention that the XW has about 85,000 miles original on the clock.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts