Ford Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK guys i got a 390 in my truck and it is not stock (thank you aftermarket:bowd:) and was wondering what the horsepower rating it is and wanted your input on what it would be? the motor was bored 30 over with normally 30 over piston (not flat top high comp:BW:) in ,got an edlebrock intake man. and 600 cfm carb headers and dual pipes with cherry bomb timeing set at 8 degrees of timing so what Hp do you think? i am thinking 300 to 325 hp?

thanks for input

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Any input will be appreciated :hy:

·
Registered
321 Posts
Is this a 72 390? If so it had a stock HP rating of 201hp with 8.2:1 comp ratio. Are you still running the stock cam? What Edelbrock intake did you use? Performer or RPM? What size primary tube on the headers and exhaust pipe size?? The Performer intake is pretty much the same as the factory 4V intake. The main thing here is the weight savings. If I had to take a wild guess I'd say 250-275hp. But depends more so on the exact parts used in the build. More info is needed.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for the input
Ok it is a performer manifold the headers i couldn't tell what size. The pipes are 2 1/4. I think the engine was a 1975 390 (bought it of this guy for a 100 bucks fully rebuilt) cam don't know if it is stock or not

So if my horse power is that low what can i do to get it up around 325 hp?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts