Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
When 2 T3s are not enough
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just saw on the news, snoz got off scottfree from the E/Creek stouch!!!
So how do ya like that? Ingill still got bounced snoz gets nothing. So we were all wrong! snoz didnt push Ingill off the track- didnt run onto the track while a race was in progress- didnt run down to Stone Bros pit & push Mr Stone around and go on like a big tart- just didnt do anything wrong at all Jee hes a good bloke or he must be above the law, So get ready boys & girls He'll be gettin away with blue bloody murder next year!!!

·
100 SPEED LIMITED SILVAEA
1,043 Posts
LETS KILL HIM :p LOL

but jeez louise!! that pisses me off, it just proves, you can never have enuf lawyers/cash

cheers.joe.

·
Registered
39 Posts
He was only cleared of the contact between himself and Ingall. The penalties for the post-incident actions still stand, and are not being appealed against.

“The subsequent and much-publicised track side actions by me were unfortunate and was something I have both apologised for and accepted the penalty handed out to me. However tonight’s appeal result goes someway to explaining the extreme provocation I felt at the time." - Skaife.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Skaife appeal upheld
CAMS Press Release
22 Dec 2003

The V8 Supercar National Court of Appeal reconvened this evening at the CAMS National Office in Melbourne to continue to hear an appeal lodged by Mark Skaife with regard to the incident with Russell Ingall during Race two at Eastern Creek on Sunday 30 November 2003.

The Court upheld the appeal, on the basis that there was insufficient evidence to warrant a finding of careless driving against Mark Skaife.

The penalty of 30 championship points was quashed.

Written reasons from the Court, including recommendations, will be provided by 16 January 2004.

The $10,000 appeal fee will be reimbursed in full.

Mark Skaife was appealing the finding of the Stewards that he was in breach of Rules, careless driving, after an incident involving Russell Ingall.

·
freelance
1,086 Posts
98Club said:
........ “The subsequent and much-publicised track side actions by me were unfortunate and was something I have both apologised for and accepted the penalty handed out to me. However tonight’s appeal result goes someway to explaining the extreme provocation I felt at the time." - Skaife.
Can you believe this big-nosed jackass, he even believes his own drivell. Accepted the post race penalty, he'd want to, he'll never get off that lightly again.

Snozz aint seen provocation till he sees the welcome the crowd is gonna give him in 04. May he be provoked into many walls in the ensuing races. The boy has gotta learn to be a better loser he has plenty of losing to come.

Oh and did I mention Ford and SBR won the cup! :> all that really counts.

·
Registered
3,657 Posts
Care factor zero. It's not without reason that CAMS is colloquially known as C**ts Against Motor Sport.

Cheers
Russ

·
FPV Tasmania Member
961 Posts
While I dont agree with Skaife getting off, most opinion on here and in the general media was that Ingall caused the incident, and that while Skaife wasnt blameless, it was more Ingall than Skaife.
So with that in mind, is it that bad his penalty was thrown out???
He still has the 3 race suspended ban on him, as well as the other loss of points for the second incident, which everyone agrees he should have got.
But should we get this stressed about it?

·
LOOKING FORWARD TO NYE!!!
2,512 Posts
russellw said:
Care factor zero. It's not without reason that CAMS is colloquially known as C**ts Against Motor Sport.

Cheers
Russ
and its only so long before it bites em on the ass i reckon....

·
Registered
581 Posts
Skaife got off with the clash with Rusty. Should've expected it really.

On the positive side, it pushed Motor Racing back into the mainstream media again. The Sunrise program on channel 7 brought it up a few times with one of the blokes hosting shouting "disgraceful conduct, worst thing ever seen.... (etc)...." Once again created discussion among my non-motorsport workmates and may prompt one or two of them to take further interest.

This Skaife/Ingall sideshow just might draw new fans to motor racing. AVESCO should slip the guys some bonus money to stage a repeat performance at one of the early rounds next year.

Jerry Springer comes to V8 Supercars??

·
Registered
96 Posts
Phat XD said:
can i ask u guys
who won the championship??
thats all that matters to me
Exactly, the whole Ingall/Skaife thing has worked these guys up to the point why they have forgotten why they are angry. They hate Skaife, that's all. It's not like the money was going to their favorite charity. They have lost nothing. Big deal. So Skaife got off, who cares. He doesn't now win the championship, or even come second. He just gets some dollars back in his pocket. I really don't see the big deal.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Bearman said:
AVESCO should slip the guys some bonus money to stage a repeat performance at one of the early rounds next year.
I'd pay money to see Skaife go into the wall backwards again - hopefully next time he does it on his own - or have someone like Murphy do it - kill two birds with one stone.

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
russellw said:
Persactly mate. Who gives a toss.. At least he hit the wall.. :HAHA:

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
Just a thought though.. Be interesting to see what happens with the leagls between Murphy & HRT. If HRT can independantly prove that Murphs back was ok at the creek (which would seem to be the case if he can run up & down the podium & jump straight out of the car after the warm up).. then he is out of Kmart racing.

Murph not racing meant that Skaife could finish no better than 3rd. Seems to be a sore point at HRT at the minute.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
it's all behind us know,so lets wait n see what happens in race 1 in 2004*winks*

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
Infighting within the ever-so-perfect HRO? - Who gives a f**k!

Skaife and Murphy are the biggest wankers in ANY sport at the moment, I can't wait to see the Blue Oval kick their arse's again in 2004.

BRING IT ON HOLDEN!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts