Ford Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Safety Commitee Tim
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok as far as auto's go , what pick of a EDXR6 or EBXR8 would go toe to toe with HSV ? Or make him think wtf is under that bonnet .. Im not talking GENIII Monaro (i wish) but say upto VS SS or VT SS, the most common commo wankers , or the 200kw Senators, or watever they were .. with simple mods, ie exhaust, tractors, intake, CAM, ... and what sort of RwKw does a stock EDXR6 have? and what can you be looking at after the above mentioned mods, assuming they are all top notch .. in both engine Kw's and Rwkw ?

Thanks Tim

·
Birth, Drift, Death...
3,039 Posts
ED XR6 makes about 110rwkw, therabouts.

XR6 is faster than the XR8, and is better to mod depending on how far you want to go.

XR8 faster ultimatly (like after a full house rebuild with all the good shit inside) but costs more as well, and a turbo ED XR6 will shit on quite a lot of things.

a cam/chip/zorst/chip and short diff gears in a ED XR6 should get you into the 14s, which will shut down any stock or near stock pre-gen III commonwhore.

i say XR6 and a turbo!

·
do YOU have rubber?
2,357 Posts
The EDXr6 made about 161fwkw, not sure on the 8. How much are you looking to spend booty? I know you're only 18 but if you've got a few $k up your sleeve, bolt on a CAPA kit and you're laughing! If you're not that fortunate (and how many of us are?) then you can progress along the NA route. If you're going an auto, I've beaten a manual 5.0 VT SS with the help of my SSK so you might want to consider the use of that. As rollin says some 3.7 or 3.9 diff gears wont hurt :hehe2:

·
Two SC 61's = trouble
6,360 Posts
ED XR has 165 KW
But can be increased with just bolt-ons, up to 180/200 rwkw....

·
Birth, Drift, Death...
3,039 Posts
do you consider two turbos to just be 'bolt ons'???

technically they are i suppose :s6:

·
Safety Commitee Tim
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hmm ... "a cam/chip/zorst/chip and short diff gears in a ED XR6 should get you into the 14s, which will shut down any stock or near stock pre-gen III commonwhore." i like the sounds of that ...
14's even better ... well all food for thought , ahh rollin the only man to ask bout i6 , t\ur the answer to my questions ...

!Gn|T|0n - as i stated in one of my other threads at age 18 i dont liek the idea of huge insurnace, i think the xr6 would be less thus leaving more room for mods.

ebxr8240 - no offence but im not the turbo type , call me old fashioned, but i want a quik car, not a fast car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts