Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
In a blue Galaxy
5,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I also did something I said I would always do one day, and that's own a V8. Tuesday was the day that I picked up the car I said I would never own, with an the tranmission I said I would never own. That's right, the day the AU rolled out of the factory I was soo shocked and horrorfied I said I would never own that ugly peice of sh!t. And the sh!t I copped at school when it caem out just confirmed it. Anyway, I've been driving non stop for 3 days now and I absolutely love her! She's a may 99 AU1 XR8 Auto (no more broken pedal boxes thank god!) with all the electrics minus the sunroof. She goes so much harder than my EL its not funny. Anyway here are some pics.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
nice one cobra, people seem to warm to the au's charm after a while, hardly anyone liked it when they were released, but now there seems to be a heap of people buying em.. good luck with her!!!

·
In a blue Galaxy
5,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah thanks Phil. I never really minded the XR front, but the rear was never my fave. WHen series 2 came out they improved it with the clear indicators and the rear spoiler looked abit better. Anyway mine has the bodykit which i really like and I've kind of grown to the rear abit. I'll get the clear side and rear indicators as I dont like orange. Then austhetically it wil be complete (Except maybe for some BA 18" sometime down the track and I also like to think that lowering is for handling aswell as looks).

·
In a blue Galaxy
5,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've been driving for 3 days now and DTE has been going down quicker a whore at happy hour. 3 days I've done 244km and ive got 92km left after I filled her up with Synergy 8000. Someone want to do the maths and tell me if that's good for a lead footer? Ahh well I knew she was going to be thirsty, I'm not bothered just that V8 note and the torque. This is driving!

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
fantastic buy :)
so the EL's gone now eh?

·
EFII Ghia owner
355 Posts
Nice Fully optioned XR8, have fun
are you aloud to drive those on your Ps in Victoria?

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
185kw xr8's are finnnnnnnnnnnne on P's
i think thats what they are? :)

·
In a blue Galaxy
5,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
EF_Dave said:
Nice Fully optioned XR8, have fun
are you aloud to drive those on your Ps in Victoria?
Dont know, Don't care! I see cutns drive XR6 Turbos and XR8's on thier P's so I guess I'm pretty safe.

·
In a blue Galaxy
5,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
EFFalcon said:
fantastic buy :)
so the EL's gone now eh?
Yep! But I'll own it again one day... If I ever see it on the road and drag it!

·
Bourbon powered V8
4,751 Posts
Nice car cobra. I particularly like the colour. lol.

·
In a blue Galaxy
5,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Soon to join Team galaxy (you hear that AU1SIXA & kooky)

·
Just give me an excuse...
3,949 Posts
nice car cobra well done!!

·
FF Moderator
2,202 Posts
Very nice Cobra. Sure brings back the memories......
The AU1 XR8 was a great machine no matter what anyone thoughout of the AU series. Now for your bi-plane spoiler!

Cheers,
Colville

·
YES its a 5 Speed!!
2,242 Posts
great buy mate, looks the goods!!! i think a front end like CDAA's avatar would suit it nicely too! just gotta love that v8 note! have fun!

·
In a blue Galaxy
5,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
no bi-plane spoilers for me! Acthetic mods will be clear side and rear indicator lenses! A must I rekcon.

·
In a blue Galaxy
5,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Having only owned the car for 5 days heres what I think...
It's so much quicker than the EL XR6 i had before its not funny.
Steering is heaps ligher.
Handling is soooo much better with the IRS.
Brakes seem to worse. They stink like shit after even one hard braking, they fade quicker and constantly squeal.
I seem to get more looks from people than the XR6, especially from chicks, they seem to love that big V8 rumble! No Shit!
Seats probably arent as supportive as the EL but I thnk they are more cimfortable and I prefer the seating postion. I would rather these seats for a long trip.
The auto is fantastic. I went from Manual to auto and I have no regrets at all!
It drinks so much petrol like you wouldn't beleive. Ive had the car 5 days and ive done about 350km and almost halfway through my second full tank of premium! it doesn't bother me as I was expecting this, and having a heavy right foot doesn't help.
It absolutely rips it up so easy! LSD's everywhere, effortlessly!

Overall I am very happy with the car, and the decision to trade the XR6 in. I have alot of poeple i need to get revenge after losing in the XR6, and I can't wait to get to heathcote to really see what she's capable of. I'm hoping I crack into the 14's, the car really just feels that quick!

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
Congrats! - Nothing like a V8, not that I'd know mind you...

1 - 20 of 38 Posts