Ford Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
97 Probe SE
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you people don't recall, I have been getting some stupid unknown beeping sound outta my car when I would start it up. I FINALLY traced the beep down, and I know where it is coming from.

It is coming from this blue "box" that is under the dash, to the left of the pedals, and up a bit. If you look, you can't miss it, but I have NO idea what it is.

Rather then buy a Ford Manual (I know I should), I was wondering if any of you might know what that box is for, or what it controls. I have NO idea, but I figure that since it is beeping, something is not right.

If anyone has any idea what it might be, let me know, and if you know what it does, that would be even better!

as usual, any reply is useful, and thanx for your time!

·
One Winged Angel
64 Posts
I found this little black box where you describe this thing is. I was told that it was the original alarm that the car came with. It even blinks a little red light.:eek:o1:

·
97 Probe SE
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I really would like to think it's the door chime as well, but the stupid beep comes from a different spot, and it is more of an annoying sound then the door chime.

I never once thought of the alarm (probably because I didn't think I had one), but you know, that makes sence. I think it could be a malfunctioning alarm.

I would kill it, but since I don't have a manual for wiring, I would probably end up cutting the airbag wire, or somethign else important like that.

Keep in mind that when we are talking about heavy wiring (non-audio and non-basic/fog wiring), I have the IQ of a 4 year old.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts