Ford Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Probe GT Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I have a 94 PGT MTX. 116k miles or so on her. I'll be driving down the road and it will "hicup". Tach will drop to nothing, she'll stumble, and back on her feet all very quickly. It happens at steady speed, accelerating, or deaccelerating. It happens at different times. But my stereo, lights, don't go off. I figure it's something to do with either fuel or ignition. It's had a new disty put in at around 70k miles like almost every Probe...but thats not how it acted when it went out the first time. Any help out there?

Jake

PT transplant:)....not sure I am happy here yet. It's not home!
:(

·
DESIGN is my LIFE
104 Posts
Check your engine codes. I'm willing to bet you get a 03, which is the cam position sensor.

·
Cobra Member *hissssss*
36 Posts
Distributor problem maybe?

·
Probe GT Member
18 Posts
My buddy had the same problem. Hes got a 93 so my first thought was disty. He was getting all kinds of cel codes, so he had it replaced witha new one.. At first the hicciup stopped for about 3 weeks. then it came back. We replaced the plugs and wires, and for the last 4 months havent had any problems.

·
Registered
7 Posts
If it's not a going, going, gone ignitor in the disty, check to see if your plug wires are getting soaked by oil seeping past the valve cover gaskets around the spark plug holes in the cam covers. #3 and #5 usually leak the worst and can cause your wires to do funny things.

Remove the plug wires, look down the hole, stick a rag in there around the plug. It should be dry. If it's filling with some oil, replace your cover gaskets.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts