Ford Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw the NASCAR tie in and don’t know if there is anyway of posting pictures but years ago Jack Roush and I were friends. This was when he was the Ford Guru and was one of the top three Owners In NASCAR. I think he has something like 8 Nascar Championships in what is now Xfinity and The Cup Series And 2 or 3 in the Truck Series. Prior to that he dominated Roadracing in this Country in the IMSA and Transam Series. His cars won their class at the 24 Hours Of Daytona ten years in a row when it was a Factory Dominated Series.
Some time last year I had a voicemail and when I listened it was Jack saying I just called to see how you were doing, call me back at XXXXXXX which I did we talked for almost an hour and have talked or texted 2 or 3 times. Now he is better know for the Performance Parts he Mfgrs. And for the Roush Mustangs and he owns Roush Industries which manufactures and test a world of products for some of largest Companies in the World.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The tall good looking guy standing next to Jack Roush was me some 22-24 years ago. Dale Earnhardt and Jeff Gordon, Mark Martin and others knew they New my face by seeing it so often but didn’t really know who I was. I even ran about 60 laps around the Atlanta Motor Speedway at 170-180 MPH. That’s me in the red car.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The tall good looking guy standing next to Jack Roush was me some 22-24 years ago. Dale Earnhardt and Jeff Gordon, Mark Martin and others knew they New my face by seeing it so often but didn’t really know who I was. I even ran about 60 laps around the Atlanta Motor Speedway at 170-180 MPH. That’s me in the red car.
I will try to keep this as short as I can, a little back history: 2009 I had a Widow Maker Heart Attack and went home not walking nor speaking and it was 3 Mo’s. Before my family realized I didn’t know who they were and where I was at. After MRI’S it was determined I had 3 Strokes within days after the HA, Diagnosis I would never walk again and had the mentality of a 4 yr. old. After two years of hard work on my part doing therapy exercises I made up I was able to walk very slowly with my Custom Walking Stick And after reading everything I could get my hands on including stacks of car magazines that had accumulated one of which was HotRod which had an article about Landspeedracing on the Maxton Mile a 2 mile Airport runway. Eight months after getting out of the wheelchair I set a Landspeed Record on the Maxton Mile and over the next 3 yrs. I
Set 5 More LS Records on the Ohio Mile.
Five years ago I was in HotRod Magazine
Now to my need for help, since the first of this year I have had five more Strokes, no not TIA’S real Strokes. I am working hard on coming back but have a ways to go but as a goal I plan on going to the Bonneville Salt Flats In Oct. of next year. I can’t afford to build a car and have it trailered out there and try to break a record which is difficult to do plus the Salt is very destructive to a car but you can run in Oct. to try and make the 130 MPH Club. You have to make one lap at over 130 but not to exceed 140. You get six attempts to make a backup run at over 130 MPH this is all done on the one mile course. My thoughts were finding a good car that could be driven the 1800 miles to Bonneville and then would be assured of being able to run over 130. After much thought I decided a Crown Vic Police Interceptor would be the likely candidate. By the way my Brother who is a good mechanic and my Brother in Law will do the driving and as my Wife says they will have to see after me.
I plan on replacing wheel cylinders, brake cylinders, rotors and good pads, axel bearings, Master Cylinder, all rubber hoses everywhere, new radiator and electric fans, of course speed rated tires,
My main concern I read a 2006 CVPI has a Speed Limiter but after buying a C.A.I kit, a 90MM Throttle Body, High Performance Mass Air Flow Sensor I bought a cant remember if it’s a SVT or SMT tuner and after talking to two people with the manufacturer I was assured that it was the only tuner that would delete the Speed Limiter, this is the biggee I would hate to have spent what I spending and putting the effort I am committing and be zooming down the Salt and the car start shutting off at 120, 125 MPH. I also plan on replacing the coils, plugs and anything else recommended. The car has 130,000 miles on it and 320 Hrs idling, will it make the trip there and back and I plan on replacing all fluids with the correct fluids. In case I can’t find this site for replies my email address if allowed is:
[email protected]
and if someone needed to leave me and important message my phone number
is: 678-634-3875
Many Thanks For Your Help, It will be a hard trip on me because in addition to the Strokes I have Parkinson’s and Rheumatoid Arthritis but I have to succeed!!!!
Saw the NASCAR tie in and don’t know if there is anyway of posting pictures but years ago Jack Roush and I were friends. This was when he was the Ford Guru and was one of the top three Owners In NASCAR. I think he has something like 8 Nascar Championships in what is now Xfinity and The Cup Series And 2 or 3 in the Truck Series. Prior to that he dominated Roadracing in this Country in the IMSA and Transam Series. His cars won their class at the 24 Hours Of Daytona ten years in a row when it was a Factory Dominated Series.
Some time last year I had a voicemail and when I listened it was Jack saying I just called to see how you were doing, call me back at XXXXXXX which I did we talked for almost an hour and have talked or texted 2 or 3 times. Now he is better know for the Performance Parts he Mfgrs. And for the Roush Mustangs and he owns Roush Industries which manufactures and test a world of products for some of largest Companies in the World.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts